eleven. forget the bad

CHAPTER ELEVEN

CHAPTER ELEVEN

LAUGHTER RAN PLEASANTLY THROUGH the brunettes ears, leaving her with a sense of joy and happiness she hadn't felt in a while. It felt so good to sit and talk around a table like normal people without having to worry about how loud they were being or what they would attract. Having this much freedom was something she was most definitely going to take advantage of, becoming lost in the moment.

With that said, Athena smiled as she sipped on her wine ever so often, savouring the taste that she hadn't tasted in a long time. But she had to admit, the small amount of alcohol was starting to make her a little tipsy and it was the same for the others around her. After all, the sudden strong substance was bound to take a toll on them since all they had drank in weeks was water.

"You know in Italy, children have a little wine with dinner." Dale announced as he poured Lori another glass. "And in France."

Lori places her hand over his glass playfully as the others watched on in amusement. "Well, when Carl is in Italy or France, he can have some then."

"I had worse when I was his age, Lori. A little won't hurt." Athena chuckled amongst the others, recalling back to her wild times as a child.

"What's going to hurt? Come on." Rick chimed in with a smile.

With all eyes on the mother, Lori faltered her serious facade and joined in with the laughter, giving in to the people's remarks with a shrug. Dale picked up Carl's glass and poured the smallest bit of liquid whilst the others watched in anticipation. "Here you go young lad."

Carl reached out for the glass, holding it in between his little hands before taking a sip. Almost immediately, Carl began to grimace as he tried to get the bitter taste out of his mouth. "Ew."

An array of laughter erupted from the survivors, the sight was so innocent and Athena couldn't help but find extreme joy in the scene. The brunette could not remember the last time she had laughed this hard — maybe before the apocalypse? But she decided to relish in it and not fight it.

"That's my boy. That's my boy."

"You stick to soda pop there, bud." Shane commented with an unusual smile, Athena could see the difference within him after a few drinks, the serious Shane now replaced with a much happier one.

"Not you Glenn." Daryl asserted with a playful tone, the man being the most drunk out of all of them. "Keep drinking little man, I wanna see how red your face can get."

Glenn turned a shade of pink as he laughed nervously, looking at the bottle in his hand. He was clearly inexperienced with alcohol with him being young and the seemingly nerdy type. Athena started to laugh harder, the remark tipping her over the edge. The usually closed off women was showing a side of her that not many people had seen and in some ways she preferred to just let loose. She had the alcohol to thank for that as she took another sip.