twenty. till death do us part

CHAPTER TWENTY

CHAPTER TWENTY

THE BUMPS IN THE road shaking Athena is about enough to prevent her from being sucked into her thoughts. The necessity to stay focused was now more prominent than ever. All Athena had done was think, after all it was her speciality, thinking about Shane and regretting the words she spoke to him. Maybe she was a tad bit harsh? Maybe she could of given him the benefit of the doubt. Athena had done nothing but think and thinking for a second too long instead of acting could be a matter of like or death in a split second.

Athena had always been a doer, never thinking about consequences or whether or not it was the right decision. She was more than impulsive. But as she grew, she learnt the valuable lesson from her grandfather to be patient and think things through about how it would affect others. Athena was stuck between a rock and a hard place, torn between what she wanted and what was right.

It was nightfall once Athena, Glenn and T-Dog finally found the place the strange woman was talking about, the place where Rick, Shane and Lori supposedly were. As they drove down the dirt track, Athena gradually began to see light beaming from a little farm house. At least they were home. Glenn pulled the car to a stop outside the house, the trio hopping out of the car and slowly making their way closer to the house. The closer she looked, the more Athena noticed how much the structure looked like her grandfather's home, it radiated the same warm feeling that she felt every time she stepped onto the farm.

The brunette stuck close to the other two, especially T-Dog who was getting weaker by the second. She wanted to make sure that he wouldn't faint or fall and hurt himself any more than he had.

"So do we ring the bell?" Glenn asked with a nervous look. "I mean it looks like people live here."

"We're past this kind of stuff, aren't we? Having to be considerate."

Athena smiled softly "I don't think they're gonna complain about the noise."

Athena helped T-Dog up the few steps onto the porch before a voice spoke. "Did you close the gate up the road when you drove in?" It was the woman from before awaiting their arrival.

"Uh, hi. Yes, we closed it. Did the latch and everything." Glenn scrambled, causing Athena to take note as he shifted his weight whilst speaking to the woman. "Well, nice to see you again. We, uh, met before briefly."

"I'd hate to cut this definitely not awkward moment short but our friend here is hurt, bad. Do you have anything that can help?" Athena interrupted, saving themselves from the uncomfortable encounter.

The woman stood on her feet and stared at T-Dogs injury wearily. "It's not a bite. I, uh—I cut myself pretty bad, though."