[채령 빼고 : 11]

EXCEPT CHAERYEONG
by: @hapigurl_

-------

I'm currently resting here in the clinic. It's boring, yet the nurse does not allow me to go to my classroom, saying that I badly need to catch up with our subject. Someone told her to not let me go out of the clinic and to make me rest for a while.

Seriously? It's not like I will die if I walk.

I yawned, "Nurse, let me go, please."

"Aniyo, you can't. You're injured," she said, looking at me with a serious look. "May I ask you?"

I looked at the nurse curiously, "Yes? What is it?"

"Are you close with Taehyun?" She asked

In my dreams, I think.

I shook my head, smiling at her, "We're not close. Why did you ask?"

"Nothing." She quickly replied, giggling as she ran back to her office.

After a couple of minutes, I noticed her walking out of her room. She gave me a phone, so I frowned. "What is this?"

Instead of answering my question, she just smiled at me and pointed to the screen of her phone. I looked at it and I saw my sister's name. She's calling! Before I could answer the phone, I glanced at the nurse, and it seemed like she got what I wanted her to do, so she rolled her eyes as she walked out.

I answered the call, "Y-yes?"

"Lee Chaeryeong! Where the hell are you? You should go home now. We need to talk!" She said, angrily.

I scoffed, "What now, Mom?"

"We need to talk! Why did you run away?" She yelled.

"Because I don't want to be with any of you!" I yelled back, having difficulty stopping my emotions, "I'm sick of being with my own family! I'm sick of being with all of you! I'm sick of staying in your house!"

It seemed like the nurse heard me, so she quickly opened the door of her office, but I signaled her to go back to her room. I'm glad that she closed the door when I told her to.

"How dare you yell at me?! What kind of daughter are you?! You shameless girl!" My mom shouted over the phone, and that made me cry.

If I go back to that house, I am not going to be happy. They are making me suffer and making me feel like I am a maid who needs to obey everything they want me to do, even if I am tired, unstable, sick, or even if it's dangerous for me. They will lock me up and they will hurt me.

"I can't! Please, stop finding me!" I said as I turned off the phone and put it back on the side table.

I wiped my tears away as I looked at the door. I saw Taehyun, who's now looking at me without showing any emotions at all.

I looked away, "Go away."

"You're crying, am I right?" He asked as he entered the clinic. His voice sounds different. It's soft. He sat beside me as he offered me his handkerchief, "You can cry."

I just looked at it, but I got startled when he scratched the back of his neck with a hint of annoyance, so I asked him, "W-why?"

"Sigh! You're not going to take it?" He asked, and I had no choice but to take it and wipe my own tears, "What's the-"

"Why are you suddenly acting like that? Acting like a good friend?" I asked, looking at his handkerchief.

I heard him sighing, "Okay, fine. I came here to give this bag to you. You can go home now. Bye." He said as he stood up and prepared to leave me.