Worry not, Notch.

(A few months later)
Neither Nightmare nor Herobrine have reported in the past few weeks or answered any calls. I was getting worried, but Jeb always calmed me down. "They're just busy.", he said, smiling reassuringly at me. And every time he said that, I nodded and felt a bit better.
But the last couple of days not even Jeb could sooth me. I felt worried and inside me I knew that someone was in big trouble. But I couldn't put my finger on it. My feelings told me that someone was hurt, but I didn't know who, nor where or how badly. My worries were getting bigger and bigger each day, but I didn't know what to do.
So I decided to ask Jeb.
I went searching for him, finding him in the garden, sitting on a bench and reading a book about... Turtles.
I will never understand him completely.
Carefully, not to scare him, I sat down next to him and looked at the floor. Jeb stayed silent for a few moments before he suddenly asked: "Notch?" I took a deep breath before replying: "What should I do? I have this feeling that someone is in danger, but I don't know who, nor where or how badly. But somehow I have a bad feeling it has something to do with Hero and Nightmare." Jeb hesitated, looking up. Then he put the book down, sighing. "If you really, really want to, we can look after them both so you can be sure that they're fine." I agreed. "Thank you, Jeb. You know I almost never imagined things like that, only in emergency cases.", I explained. Jeb only nodded and stood up, taking the book. "If you don't mind, I'll take the book to the library first and then we can go.", he said. Then he went to the library.
My mind was racing. My feelings were never wrong, but anytime it could be the opposite. I silently rubbed my head, letting out a soft sigh. "What if Nightmare or Hero are actually hurt and we're coming too late...?", I asked myself quietly.
Soon after Jeb came back, wearing his brown leather jacket. "Alright. I'm ready. Let me guess, we're going to their house?", he asked. I nodded. "Yes. It's the best place to start searching, and maybe they're home or something." Jeb agreed and we went to their house in the middle of nowhere.

A few hours later and multiple decapitated skeletons and zombies in the forest later we finally arrived, looking at the house. Everything was silent, not even the birds were chirping.
It's too silent for my likings.
Jeb went to the door and knocked three times. Inside someone cussed and soon after opened the door, revealing themselves as Nightmare. He tilted his head as he saw us, a questioning look in his black and white eyes. "Yes?", he asked a bit sharp. I took a deep breath before asking: "Are you two fine?" He hesitated, but then nodded "Yes, why?"
"May we talk to Hero?"
"No."
And he closed the door in front of our faces. I flinched heavily and just slammed my hand against the door. "Hey! Are you insane? We have the right to talk to Hero!", I yelled. Not even a heartbeat later Nightmare opened the door again, looking at us annoyed. "He's at the school. The students need him since their running low on teachers. And now, please go. I still have something to do here.", he said as soft as possible, but I could feel the hate he put into it. He tried to close the door again, but Jeb put his foot into the door. "Do you know if he's fine?" Nightmare sighed heavily. "Yes, he's fine. Nothing happened." He tried to close the door again, but Jeb blocked it one more time. Nightmare hissed in anger. "What the hell do you want now?!" But Jeb stayed calm. "Is there a reason that your so angry?" Nightmare sighed. "No. But I'm kinda stressed and I have a lot to do." Jeb nodded and removed his foot, letting Nightmare close the door. I sighed and put my head on my hand. "I know that there is something wrong. We seemed to have disturbed him by coming to him." Jeb nodded. "Seems like it. But what should we do?", he asked. I shrugged slightly. "I don't know. But I know that there is no school now since it's summer holidays. So he's definitely hiding something. And I have a very bad feeling about this.", I mumbled. "Maybe we should wait until he leaves the house and then search for Hero?" Jeb agreed. "Seems good. But we have to hide."

A few hours later the front door unlocked and Nightmare stepped out, wearing a white jacket and blue jeans. He closed the door and locked it three times before leaving.
I looked at Jeb, who was leaning with me against a pile of firewood, watching him closely. Nightmare looked around to see if anyone was spying on him, but Jeb ducked before he could even see him. Soon after Nightmare left, going over the gravel path to the forest until he disappeared in it. Jeb looked at me and gave me a slight nod before we both quietly ran to the house, keeping an eye for Nightmare out.
Jeb hid next to the door while I took out my lockpick to open the door. Carefully I pushed the long, thin metal stick into the lock, soon followed by a thick stick. I turned them both a few times in different directions until I couldn't turn them anymore, then I changed. A few moments later I heard the door unlock and felt it open. Jeb took a deep breath and went over to me, waiting for me to pull the lockpick put of the door and push it open. "Ok. Now we have to be really, really careful. It could be that something or someone is here that we don't want to see.", he mumbled quietly. I agreed and went inside, grabbing a knife from my pocket. We went through the rooms, trying to find something or at least someone. But no one was there, not even Hero. I went upstairs and went into the bedroom. Right there I found something that made my breath hitch.
It was a lot of blood, but it looked dried. The bedsheets were messy and it looks like there was a fight. On the floor was a pitch black dagger, stained with blood. That made me flinch. Only one person used that dagger. It was Null.
Jeb stood next to me, staring with widened eyes at the scene. Then he looked at me. I knew we thought the same stuff.

Was Nightmare the one responsible for this?
Is Null maybe the culprit?
Was there a fight?
But, most importantly
Where is Hero?

________________
Get cliffhanged.

1158 words