Hot chocolate

(A few weeks later)
Hero was gone. Probably on the roof or somewhere else.
The connection between me and him has grown better in the last couple of days which made me happier. He trusts me again and hugs me, but not quite kissing me. So there is a part where he doesn't trust me.
I wrapped the blanket around my body a bit tighter, looking at the book Hero left on the table.
Deal with the devil
I immediately recognized the book as one I read once myself. It was about the little boy who made a deal with the devil himself because he was abandoned and didn't know what to do.
Grabbing the book, I flipped through the pages to search for where I left off last time.

And he yelled in agony as the fire burned his skin, the sins crawling on his back and the pained screams of the other lost souls ringing in his ears. The flames tore him apart, bringing his blood to boil from the heat and his lungs shattering from the hot air and the smoke. "Someone, please, save me from my wicked demise!", he cried, but his tears immediately evaporated. The devil laughed as he saw the boy cry in pain and yelled: "You wanted it yourself, little one! It was your own decision!" The boy howled as the flames grew higher with the pain he felt before they ate him completely.
The devil turned around, removing some dust from his shoulders. "Another poor soul in my purgatory. What a pity. He was supposed to have such a long life!" He cracked up into a crazy laughter, curling up slightly. His laughter boomed above the yells of the agonized souls and spirits.

The door was unlocked and I flinched, putting the book on the table. Hero was whistling a soft tune, holding a notebook and a pen in his hands. He was unusually relaxed and seemingly calm. It didn't take long until Hero went towards me, placing the pen and the notebook on the table. "Say, do you need something?", he asked. I shook my head.
"How about something to drink?"
I shook my head again. "No, I don't need anything. But if you want something, you can do it I guess." Hero shrugged. "Well, more hot white chocolate with milk and vanilla for me then.", he said played indifferently and  wanted to leave. I suddenly noticed what he just said and yelped. "No no no no wait! Wait I want some too!" Hero started to giggle. "Knew it. Well then. Come with me and I'll show you how to do it." I nodded and went over to him, leaving the blanket on the sofa. Hero took my hand and led me to the kitchen, going to the oven. Right there he left me for a moment to go to the fridge. He took out a can of milk and went to a shelf, grabbing sugar and two vanilla beans. He brought it back to me and told me to set up a pot. I did as he told me while he grabbed a block of white chocolate, cutting it into tiny pieces. I boiled the milky being really careful to not let it overflow. Hero came to me with a bowl with the chocolate before slowly putting it into the milk. I stirred the milk very careful, just as he told me and soon after the chocolate melted. Hero took over completely and stirred the milk while pouring some sugar into the pot. "Ok, did you ever cut a vanilla bean?", he asked me. I nodded. "Yes. A few weeks ago when I was still alone." Hero nodded. "Alright. I'd need you to cut those things." I agreed and grabbed the knife Hero used earlier for the chocolate. Really careful I opened the bean and scratched the content out of it. After a few minutes I was done and wanted to throw the leftovers away, but Hero prevented me from doing that. "Wait! I have an idea. But right now I need the vanilla.", he stopped me. I hesitated, but then nodded and placed the beans on the countertop before handing him the cutting board. Hero gently pushed the vanilla into the pot and stirred, mixing the chocolate milk with the vanilla and making the kitchen get a very soft smell of hot white chocolate. I took a deep breath and sighed deeply. Hero smiled and handed me the milk bottle. "Shake it.", he said. I tilted my head, but shook it anyway. Immediately some foam appeared and I noticed what he wanted to do. So I shook a bit harder until the milk was almost gone and a lot of foam was in the bottle.
Hero took the pot from the oven and took two mugs, filling the chocolate into it. Then he took the bottle from me as opened it, letting it flow into the mug as well and creating a nice froth on the drink. But he still wasn't completely done.
He grabbed some cocoa powder and trickled it over the hot chocolate. Then he took two straws from the drawer in front of him and placed them into the mugs, as well as two spoons. Then he finally gave one to me. I thanked him and we went back into the living room, sitting down next to each other. Hero wrapped the blanket around us and leaned against me. I took a sip from the chocolate and immediately melted under the amazing taste. (Oh, btw. The recipe is possible to make since I did it every time with milk chocolate. One thing that barely works tho is dark chocolate.)
"Oh God that tastes amazing.", I whispered, placing the mug on the table. Hero drank some of his and placed his mug down as well, removing his milksop. He smiled softly. "Glad you like it, Nightmare.", he said, leaning against me some again. I hugged him and gently stroke over his head. Hero started to purr and closed his eyes, placing his hands on my arms. "Thank you for showing me how to do it, Hero.", I whispered. Hero purred a bit louder in understanding. Everything was silent for a very long time, only Hero's purring broke our silence. I emptied my cup and placed it back down before continuing to pet Hero.
Soon after I noticed that he was completely relaxed in my arms. Just as a joke I stopped petting him for a moment, immediately earning a soft groan. "Don't stop! I'm relaxing right now!", he mumbled tiredly. "No, you're sleeping on me!", I laughed, gently tickling his belly. Hero gasped and tried to escape, but it was ultimately useless considering the fact that he was somewhat drowsy and didn't want to hurt me. "Stahp!", he laughed as I threw him to the sofa and tickled him with both hands, the black tentacles I could summon holding his arms and legs down. He laughed, trying to curl up and get away, but it was impossible. I tickled him for good 20 minutes before he started coughing heavily. Fully aware that I should stop, I let the tentacles disappear and helped him sit up. Hero tried to catch his breath, still coughing. I gently patted on his back until he finally calmed down, panting. Hero leaned back and closed his eyes. "God damnit, Nightmare.", he gasped. I giggled and gave him his mug so he could drink. "Sorry." Hero took a sip before taking a deep breath. "You suck.", was the only thing he said before putting the mug down and putting his hand on my neck. "Sadly, I know that you're ticklish too.", he purred and he started tickling me now. Well, at least he tried.
I didn't move a single muscle as he tried to tickle me. "Wait you're keeping it down again?! That's so mean!", he screeched. But I only shrugged before taking his arms tightly. "Oh, but I can be way meaner~", I whispered before gently licking over his throat. Hero froze in his movements. He didn't say anything because he knew what I was getting to. Instead, he lowered his head with a little grin. "I want to see that." I chuckled before lifting him up easily. Hero wrapped his arms around my neck as I carried him to his room.

________________
1402 words

Oh boy, here we go again!