The biggest mistakes

The fanart was made by TwilightSpake, go show her some love for that amazing picture! <3

(Hollows' FoV)
Everything was dead silent as I laid alone in the cell. Null had taken Hero away and did some stuff with him, causing me to hear Hero yell for help or in pain or even anger at some points before he suddenly stopped.
It was now silent for about half an hour if I had to guess. My sense of time changed completely since there was only a tiny window and nothing else here. No clock, no torch, no nothing. Only the guards that decided to come from time to time, giving me the opportunity to ask them about the time. If I could believe what they're saying, only four hours passed since Null took Hero with him. And something was obliviously wrong, or else Hero-
Null came inside, throwing a very pale and broken looking Herobrine into the cell. Then he left again after locking the door again and handing the guard the keychain. I scooted over to Hero and stroke over his back. He barely raised his head, he just curled up and started to cry. I only gently lifted him on my legs and hugged him. Hero hugged me as well, sobbing into my shoulder. It took me literally thirty minutes to calm him down to the point where he would be able to talk. I held him close and stroke over his messy hair, somewhat fixing it. "You can tell me what happened, Hero. I'm here for you.", I whispered into his ear. Hero swallowed heavily and his heartbeat picked up again. "H-He's insane... He-", he started but then started to cry again. I gently rubbed over his back, taking a deep breath. "I think I can guess what he did.", I whispered. Hero was  scared, causing me to feel him tremble. "I-Is there any way we can even get out of here?", he sobbed. I looked around helplessly before my gaze we stuck on the door and the guard behind it. A sudden idea flashed into my mind and I started to grin. "Maybe, just maybe, there is a way out of here...", I replied, standing up. Hero went down from my lap and stood up, looking at me as I went to the door and peeked left and right, seeing that there was no other guard. Then I quickly grabbed the guards helmet and snapped his neck, grabbing the key as he collapsed. Hero seemed shocked as I unlocked the door and slipped outside, grabbing the guard and pulling him into the cell. "Come!", I whispered and waited for Hero to leave the room before I locked it, taking the keys with me. "Ok, we don't have much time now, but we just need to go through the front door. As far as I know there is no other guard or room we have to go through, just a really long corridor. But that's it.", I explained as I grabbed his hand and led him outside the basement. We then hid behind a wall in the shadows. I looked at Hero, only to see that his eyes were dull and grey, and they didn't glow a lot. That's gonna make it easier to bring him out of here. But me...
I used some magic and made my eyes look somewhat human by making them glow less as well. Then I started to casually walk through the hallway, being fast but not too fast so it wouldn't look too suspicious. Hero followed me silently, staring at the floor in fear and worry. But to our both surprises, we made it out alive. As soon as we were outside, I teleported us far away into a forest, accidentally stumbling over Notch, Jeb and Nightmare.

(Nightmares' FoV)
I woke up by the presence of two persons, so I opened my eyes and immediately sat up. In front of Jeb and Notch was a very tired, broken and scared looking Herobrine standing next to a similar looking Hollow. I stood up in a single heartbeat and drew my sword, but Jeb saw it and put his hand carefully on the blade. Hero had started to tremble heavily and clung to Hollow, who went a step in front of Hero and raised his hand. His eyes were almost as dull as Hero's, but as soon as I had stood up, he seemed more determined to save Hero than before. He was giving me a daring look, almost as if he was wanting to say: Come on, attack him. But I can't be judged for a head rolling over the floor.
"Put the sword down, Nightmare. Don't you see that both of them just escaped their fate and that they're both very hurt?", Jeb growled. I looked into his eyes, then I wordlessly put the sword away, but giving Hollow a death glare. Hollow answered it with a empty eyes, seemingly tired. He gave Notch a last, begging look before he collapsed completely. Notch caught him before he hit the ground and laid him down, checking his breath. "Hero, do you by any chance know how long he was down there?", he asked sternly. Hero flinched and went a step back. Jeb sighed and showed Notch to stay calm. "Do you know, Hero?", he asked way softer. He nodded hesitantly. "And could you tell me?", he continued, his voice soft as he tried to gain Hero's trust. Said man hesitated even longer now before he shakily held up 5 fingers. I flinched and looked down at Hollow. "5 weeks or months?", I asked. Hero couldn't answer. Heck, he couldn't even look me into my eyes. I went closer to him, but Hero winced and backed up, causing me to stop dead in my tracks. "Are you scared of me...?", I asked carefully. Hero didn't reply, he seemed to be very close to tears. Just like me. "I'm sorry, Hero.", I whispered. A few tears dripped onto the grass as Notch stopped with his actions on helping Hollow, as well as Jeb. They both focused on us, making it seem way more awkward for us both. Hero didn't move, but then he suddenly whispered: "It's over with us, Nightmare. I noticed that while Hollow and I were caught in that dungeon and Null did his... stuff with me. I noticed that it won't work out for us both. I'm sorry."
Everything shattered. My heart, the world, my thoughts. Everything. The next thing I remember is being held close by Jeb. Hero was gone and Notch seemed to be worried. Hollow was awake again, looking into the forest.
But I didn't notice any of this.
My eyes were blankly staring at the floor, my thoughts completely gone.
Hero is gone.
It's my fault.
He's never going to forgive me.
I'm nothing.
I broke down in Jebs' arms. He immediately caught me and pulled me closer to him, trying to get me to snap out of my thoughts. But he wasn't successful.
The world lost its color once and for all. And all because of a simple mistake.

_________________________
1197 words

Will Hero ever trust Nightmare again? Or is the love completely gone?