Fear and Calmness

(Jebs' FoV)
I suddenly heard the front door open and a confused sound from Nightmare. Then I suddenly heard a sword being dragged out from a swordsheath and someone walk around in the house. Notch heard it too and started to whimper. I immediately put my hand on his mouth, muffling the sounds. He let it happen.
Nightmare came upstairs and I could see him looking through every room before coming to the bedroom. We all froze as we saw each other, then we all started to yell at once.

(A few hours later)
"So you're telling me that you don't have anything to do with that, nor did you know he was gone?", I asked confused. Nightmare nodded, sitting on the bed and staring at the blood. "I really didn't know. I just saw a piece of paper on the table with his handwriting, telling me that he was gone for a few days. But I didn't go up to the bedroom since I didn't have to." Notch tilted his head. "Where did you get dressed tho? Your dresser is in this room, so you should've noticed that." Nightmare shook his head. "No. I got dressed in the washroom in the basement because I took my clothes from the washing machine. I had no reason to come up here, but as you two were standing in front of the door earlier, I had hung up on someone who I met before you two broke into my house.", he mumbled. He seemed pretty shaken up by the fact that there was blood, causing me to actually believe him. But just in case I used some magic on him, testing him with a Truth spell. And indeed, he was telling the truth.
Nightmare buried his face in his hands, being close to the total breakdown. "I should've searched for him! I should've stayed near him! But no, since that one fight I stayed far away from him!", he whimpered, his voice broken already. Notch gently put his hand on his shoulder, rubbing over it. "Hey, it's fine. We'll search for him and find him.", he tried to make him happier, but Nightmare just shook his head in pain. "He could be anywhere! Since that fight I wasn't able to sense him near me! It's bewitched!" I sighed. "Look, we're trying to figure this out as soon as possible, but we'll need your help, got it?", I said sternly. Nightmare raised his head, looking at me. "And what am I supposed to do? Without Hero's help and magic I'm nothing!" Notch put his hand under his chin, turning his head towards himself to look into Nightmares' black and white eyes. "What are you talking about? If Herobrine would be in this situation, he would be doing anything to find you, despite you being gone and Steve being dead! Steve wouldn't want you to be sad, nor desperate!", he growled. Nightmare hesitated, then he looked away. "Think, Nightmare. What would Hero do in this situation?", he asked. I crossed my arms and looked at them both. Nightmare raised his head, his eyes clear all of the sudden. "Of course! That is the solution!", he whispered, his head perked up. Then he focused on me. "I might know where he is.", he said, his eyes filled with determination.

(A few hours later)
I sat in the forest for a break, a little fire in front of me. Nightmare was walking around, thinking about the plan. Notch was sitting on the lowest branch of a tree, one leg dangling from the thick branch. From time to time Nightmare glanced at Notch, obliviously a bit afraid that he might fall off. I on the other hand held a stick with some raw meat over the flames, waiting for it to be cooked. But, as life goes, it takes some time.
After a few more time glancing at Notch Nightmare sighed and looked up at him. "Dude, how are you able to go up there? You're just as insane as Hero! I can't even go up a ladder without being scared for my life!", he growled, both hands on his hips. Notch just chuckled. "Oh, I'm nowhere near being as insane as Hero! By now he would've climbed to the top, but I don't dare doing that." Nightmare rolled his eyes. "Top or not, this is just insane. Don't you guys have any fears?", he asked. Notch deeply sighed. "We do have fears, but Hero isn't as scared of heights as me. I believe he could walk on a fence on the highest skyscraper possible without losing his balance. Heck, he could possibly even look down and jump a rope on that skys-" Nightmare immediately raised his hands and signalized him to stop. "Don't. I don't want any more fears than I already have. It's enough for me to stand here and look up. You don't have to give me any reason to imagine Hero on a skyscraper, jumping on a fence..." He stopped, his eyes going blank. Then he just shook his head, obliviously scared of what he saw. "And it's starting already. Thank you!", he mumbled before going over to me and sitting down next to the flames. I knew that he was scared about that thought now, but also something worried him. It clouded his eyes and made it unable for me to read what he has been thinking. So I just decided to ask.
"Something is wrong, Nightmare. What is it?" Nightmare looked at me helplessly, gripping the grass. "It's still about Hero. What, if we aren't quick enough? What if he's hurt or already-" Notch climbed down from the tree and put his hand on Nightmares' mouth. "Don't say it. I know we are quick enough and Hero can take care of himself for some time. And honestly, I doubt that he's alone.", he said. Nightmare gave him a doubtful gaze. But then he looked back down. "If you say so.", was the only thing he replied before just staring into the fire.
I looked over at Notch, being a bit worried now as well. What, if Nightmare was right? What if Hero is hurt?
Notch rolled his eyes before showing me to stay silent, for the sake of Nightmare. I did, even tho it was hard.
A few moments later Nightmare laid down next to the fire, falling asleep almost immediately. His breath was calm as I just sat down next to him, patting his head. Nightmare softly put his head on my leg and slept on it, smiling a little bit.
Notch looked at me before chuckling quietly. "He seems way calmer around you than around me. He just sleeps on your leg like you were Hero!", he whispered, his eyes going down to Nightmare. I giggled. "Notch, I'm nowhere near being Hero!", I replied, but looked down to Nightmare. Markus was right, he seemed calm and peaceful. "But maybe you are right. He is really calm for being so close to someone else and also so far away from his boyfriend.", I mumbled, removing some hair from Nightmares' eyes. Said demon let it happen.
Soon after I saw Notch lay down in his bag, using it as a pillow. And only a few moments later he fell asleep. Now it was only me. Honestly, I was very tired as well, so I carefully laid down and pulled Nightmare a bit closer. He hugged me and I fell asleep, feeling his warm breathing on my chest.

_________________
1258 words