• 𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑶𝑵𝑬 •

—BROKEN PIECES, jonah marais.
00.01 — THE NEW HOUSEMATE
❝ So? You can just ignore and avoid her like I did my whole life. ❞

_____________________________

"You will live at your brother's place from now on."

Were the only words my parents had told me before I left. I had maybe an hour to go pack my things, heading straight to the airport after. Ashley didn't even got to say goodbye to me, her being the only one who cares about me. Just because our parents had a goal in mind:

to get rid of me, and my appearance, hoping I could be like my older brother one day.

Corbyn. Corbyn Matthew Besson.

The one everybody absolutely loves and adores. And me? I was the depressed younger sister who was kept out of sight.

They were ashamed of me.

My family, except Ashley.

But Jordan?

He never bothered to talk to me.

And the we have Corbyn......the boy who always avoided any possible contact and interaction with me.

I always ate my food in my room so they didn't have to be near me. I ended up throwing my food away, not feeling very hungry- but still. Besides that, multiple people had also told me how I'm 'fat'. And of course I didn't listen or believed it at first, but it gets harder by time. If someone keeps telling you you're something every single day.....it's hard not to let it get into your heard. Eventually, you just end up believing it anyways, even if you really don't want to.

And that was the case with me.

People made fun of me at school and on the street, having my parents to tell me what was wrong with me once I got home. And then it would all repeat itself the next day.

I've had anxiety too since I was a little kid. I don't know what the cause of it is, why it was suddenly there. Maybe I didn't notice it slowly building up, but when I finally did, it was already too late. Nobody knows since nobody actually believes me, except for Ashley. They think I only do it for the attention. They don't know how the anxiety attacks are and how worse they can get. Besides, my parents never wanted to do research to find out what it actually could be.

Give it a name.

That would only make me more strange than my two brothers and sister, wouldn't it? What would the media think if they heard the 'famous' singer and musician Corbyn Besson has a little sister who suffers from anxiety and depression?