• 𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑭𝑶𝑼𝑹 •

—BROKEN PIECES, jonah marais.
00.04 — CONFRONTATIONS
❝ Maybe because you don't pay any attention to her! ❞

04 — CONFRONTATIONS❝ Maybe because you don't pay any attention to her! ❞

_____________________________

time skip — two months later
_____________________________

A soft groan slipped past my lips when my body hit a bed after a long shift.

I had to cover up a shift from one my colleagues who has to work in the morning after Caleb, Kenzie mine shift end. She had family trouble and I offered to take a few hours of her shift and she took some of mine. So, I worked from eight p.m. 'til eight a.m. instead of six a.m.

Meaning, I worked for twelve hours straight.

Twelve. Hours.

I don't even know if that's allowed—but at least I helped someone with it. Besides, I get to start two hours later now so I have to be at work around ten p.m.

Tossing my cap to the ground which Caleb got me a few weeks ago—telling me only 'official employees' women one— I removed the itching rubber band out of my hair. I put my phone on my nightstand and fell asleep as soon as my head hit my pillow, not even bothering to get changed first.

I just want to sleep.
_____________________________

Jonah's pov
_____________________________

|︎✫︎|

Footsteps echoed through the hallway, making me turn around to see Zach joining Daniel, Jack and I in the kitchen. "Morning." I took a sip of my coffee and leaned back against the counter while, nodding a 'good morning'.

He moved past me, opening the refrigerator for something to drink. "So, who's time is it to bring Corbyn's sister breakfast?" Zach mumbled.

"I don't know," I shrugged. "who did it yesterday?"

Jack raised his hand, placing the spatula down which he used to scramble the eggs with. "Corbyn and I."

With a nod I pushed myself off the counter, tilting my head at Daniel. "Shall we go then?"

"Sure." He placed his glass in the sink, searching around him before turning to our 'cook' this morning. "Jack?"

"On the big table."

I turned around and found the plate with food, patting Jack's back when we walked past him. "Thanks bro." As I handed the plate to Daniel, we passed Corbyn, saying a short 'morning' on our way out.