• 𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑭𝑰𝑽𝑬 •

—BROKEN PIECES, jonah marais.
00.05 — THE NOT SO GREAT PLAN
❝ Do you think she'll come home tonight? ❞

05 — THE NOT SO GREAT PLAN❝ Do you think she'll come home tonight? ❞

_____________________________

Time skipthe next day
_____________________________

Skyler's pov
_____________________________

|︎✫︎|

My fingers tapped against my desk repeatedly, feeling how I grew impatient with the minute. I was desperately waiting for the time to pass by, being eager to Face Time Ashley. I wanted to ask her how her date went and keep my mind off the boys who have been acting a little weird today.

Or yesterday.

It started with them not bringing me dinner last night, so I went without it to work. Not that it really makes much of a difference if I ate one bite or nothing— but still.

And it went on this morning when they knocked on my door, something only Jonah and Daniel do— but now it were Zach and Jack. They also stayed longer than usual, whispering and nudging one another before I got enough snd looked up to see what was going on. Apparently, it startled them, since Zach jumped up when he met my eyes and pulled Jack after him quickly, sprinting out of my room. The door fell shut with a loud 'slam', the air blowing a strand of my hair which surprised me while I could them race down the stairs.

I mean, I know I'm ugly and I probably look horrible right now, like a zombie, but did they seriously needed to make it that obvious? I felt like an employee in a fake haunted house in costume and that they were the little kids who got scared and ran away from me.

After they did, I heard shouting from the other boys downstairs, noticing the familiar voice which belonged to my brother.

Something which was also weird, is the fact they made me a fruit salad—looking like it was freshly cut by them—and they brought me something to drink as well. Orange juice.

Both for the first time.

Then later on, around five p.m. which is pretty early for them since they usually eat around half past six or seven p.m. maybe— Jonah and Daniel knocked on my door to bring me dinner. They also stayed longer, just like Zach and Jack. And once I looked up, their eyes pleaded at me with guilt. I grew even more confused when they sent me an apologetic smile before leaving swiftly.

"What's up with them? Are they gonna kill me or something?" I mumbled to myself.

I noticed they made pancakes for the first time I've been here and they also left multiple toppings that I can put on it. Next to the plate was a glass of apple juice.