• 𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑬𝑰𝑮𝑯𝑻 •

I should have known.

*Flashback*

"Mom?" I heard a young, soft, voice ask in the kitchen as I carefully walked inside of the house, wanting to walk straight upstairs to my room.

I was around the age of thirteen back then.

"Skyler? What are you doing here?" My mother asked her rudely. I walked closer to the kitchen entrance, seeing my younger sister who I haven't seen in a few weeks actually. Even tho we live in the same house, we all avoid and ignore her. "You should go back upstairs before Corbyn comes home from school."

"I know but I- I wanted to ask you something." She asked her a little scared. "I-I think there's something wrong with me. I get those weird attacks where I can't breath and start to shake. I feel terrible then and moments later, it's gone. Can we go to the doctor to test what it could be?" I listened more closely to their conversation.

"We all know there's something wrong with you. We don't need a doctor to confirm that." My mom rolled her eyes at her.

"I mean it mom. They're scaring me. What if something worse happens and I-I end up in the hospital." My nine-year old little sister slightly raised her voice. My mom looked furious at her as she looked for the first time in their conversation at her.

"Don't raise your voice at me like that, young lady. Up, now! I don't want your brother to see you acting like a little brat again." Skyler looked down while I saw her tearing up a little. I quickly backed away a bit as she ran past me, not realizing I was here. I watched her running up the stairs and sighed, deciding to first walk into the kitchen, instead of my room.

"Hi mom." I smiled a little, throwing my bag on the kitchen counter.

"Hi sweetie, how was school?"

"Like always." She nodded and smiled, continueing to prepare diner so she could do less later. "Hey mom?" She hummed. "What was that noise when I got in? It sounded like screaming." I carefully stated. Her face dropped and she looked away for a few seconds before standing straight up.

"Your little sister, Skyler, thought she needed some attention and made up a few lies." She told me and sighed. "She's such a handful and tries to own up every little amount of time that I have." I nodded, believing my mother immidiately.

This wouldn't be the first time she made something up for a little bit of attention.

"I'm going to my room." I told my mom and she nodded. I walked past Skyler's room, hearing her cry. I ignored it and walked over to my room, bumping into my ten-year old other little sister, Ashley.

"What's that sound?" She asked me confused as she looked around.

"That's Skyler." I rolled my eyes and opened the door to my room. "She's crying again." I closed my door before Ashley could react and sat down on my bed.

I left my room a couple minutes later to go to the bathroom, passing by Skyler's room on the way back and noticing that her door was slightly open. I looked inside to see Ashley comforting Skyler while they were both sitting on the ground, Skyler hugging her tightly. I scoffed, rolled my eyes again at them and walked back to my room, dropping myself on my bed.

"Attention seeker." I mumbled and closed my eyes.

*End flashback*

Ashley always comforted and stood up for her. Even when she wasn't there.

*Flashback*