• 𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑻𝑾𝑬𝑵𝑻𝒀-𝑬𝑰𝑮𝑯𝑻 •

That same night.

-

Jonah's pov.
-

The whole night was a blur. I couldn't see straight, I couldn't think straight. Everything went by so fast....

I wish it's just a bad dream,

a nightmare.

But when Corbyn walked out of Sky's room, a pale look on his face with tears rolling down his cheeks, I knew it wasn't a dream.

This was real.

Too real.

I swallowed a lump back in my throat, tears forming in my own eyes again while my whole body started to shake.

This can't be real.

I don't want this to be real.

I-

"Jo? Hey, everything's alright. Jonah." Daniel shook me, trying to get my focus.

"I can't- I can't do this, Daniel." A sob left my mouth, my voice starting to tremble.

"Hey, hey," Daniel spoke softly. "we know it's rough. We are all trying to hold us together, but it's okay to let everything go." He sighed. "I mean, look at Corbyn. He's a mess, but we don't care." I looked over at Corbyn, he was being comforted by Eben and Jack.

"And you can do this Jo," Zach spoke softly, sitting down next to me. "we are all gonna get through this and be there for Sky. She needs us now more than ever, and we are not gonna let her down." I let out a small nod, Daniel rubbing my back.

"And whenever you need a break, or one of us to be there with or for you, just say it and we'll be there." Daniel told me with a small smile. "She's gonna make it Jonah, believe me. She's strong, we all know that by now." I let out a somehow sad smile.

"I know." I took a deep breath and sat up, noticing Corbyn walking over to me.

"Hey, Jo- uhm, Jonah," Corbyn stuttered as he looked down at his shoes. Everyone could tell that he was with his mind elsewhere. "the doctor said that one other person can vist Sky before visiting time closes." He mumbled. "So if you want, you can go in and see her now." I gave him a small nod.

"Thanks, Corbyn." Corbyn looked up at me, sending me a sad smile before he walked back to Eben and Jack.

I took a deep breath, telling myself I can do this and got up.

"Good luck." Daniel and Zach sent me a comforting smile. I tried to give them a small smile,

but failed miserably.

I sighed and looked over at Sky's door after.

I took slow steps, a part of me not wanting to go inside.

Because if I go in, everything will get real.

All of this, will get real.

And I don't know for how long I can take that.