Fire

Ben took his phone out of the pocket and turned on the flashlight. I saw him smiling, and at that moment, I knew he did not just want to talk in his room. I was not sure of going with Ben, but before I could say anything, he took my hand and started walking me through the restaurant.

Everything was still dark, so people were turning their heads towards us as we passed by. I did not want to get recognized again, so I looked down until we exited.

I then saw the fireplaces in the lobby, and I wanted to stay there instead of Ben's room; however, he continued pulling me until we reached the stairs. Since I did not move as I kept thinking of going to the lobby, he put his hand around my waist and gave me a soft push to start walking up the stairs, and so, I followed his actions. My legs started moving without me controlling them. I then understood that my own body was betraying mi mind, as it wanted what I had not given in a long time, and from the man it wanted the most.

And so, we started walking next to each other on that tight staircase again, as it happened a few hours ago, but this time I did not feel angry, I felt nervous, instead. I did not know where to place my hands, so I put one on the handrail, while I used the other one to grab my dress, as I tried to avoid touching Ben at all costs. I felt the pacing of my heart accelerating with every step I took, but I knew there was no turning back anymore.

We finally arrived at the most upper floor, and there was only one room: his. We entered, and it was big, elegant, luxurious, and yet, cold. Ben went to the fireplace and quickly lit it up. I remembered he did the same a long time ago. A time I did not want to remember anymore, but somehow was coming to memory, no matter how much I tried to stop it.

He then moved the table that was in front of the fireplace and placed the couch closer to the fire pit. We finally sat down, I on the right side of the sofa, while he was sitting right next to me. Ben offered me something to drink, which I decided not to, as I already felt a bit drunk, and did not want to lose the last bit of sanity I had.

So, I only stared at the fire, not saying anything at all, while Ben was staring at me as if I was the most beautiful woman in the world, moving his eyes up and down my body. That made me wonder what he was thinking: did I change so much since the last time we saw each other? Did he really miss me? What was he planning to do with me in there?

My mind was running wild, especially with his stare, his eyes observing every part of me, making me nervous. I glanced at him from time to time, as every time I thought he stopped looking at me, he did not. He smiled every time I peeked at him as if he was expecting me to mimic his actions. His stare was only making me more and more nervous, as he did when we first met.

"Why are you staring at me?" I finally asked, trying to ease my mind.

"I'm glad you're here," said he, with his seductive voice.

"Ah..." was all I could pronounce. I was doomed in Ben's eyes.

Listening to that tone of voice again, after so long, was making me anxious. I felt back to the cabin by the lake once again: Ben and I, close to each other, the fireplace, the excitement, the nervousness, and all the pleasant sensations I felt with him; everything was pulling me back to that time. Even my feelings were resurging because of the time and place we were at that moment.

And his eyes... Those eyes that I saw so many times loving me, caring for me, seducing me, were now showing me the same emotions once more as if time never passed.

"You have...something in your hair," said Ben, moving his hand and touching a lock of my hair, as well as the side of my face.

"That's fine, just leave it there," I said, holding his hand, trying to stop his touch.

However, Ben held my hand instead and kissed it over and over again. His soft kisses on the back of my hand made me exhale forcefully and repeatedly, as my entire body was burning with desire. A desire that only he could produce in me... and he knew it.

He then got closer to me until we were only a few centimeters away. His eyes were too much for me to stare at, so I looked down. I felt his breath on my forehead until his lips touched my skin. I exhaled again, not knowing what to do, but he continued: he kissed my forehead a couple more times, then my hair, and after that, he touched my face and lifted it to kiss my nose. I saw his eyes again, and I felt succumbing. I felt I was somehow back in time and yet, did not feel the same person I used to be.

Since I was in shock, Ben moved my hand to his face until I touched his cheek. His beard was so familiar to me: soft and ticklish on my fingers. Such a well-known memory. One that I loved, especially in the mornings, when I felt his smile by just setting my fingers on his beard.

I then moved my hand to his forehead, feeling every little wrinkle he had, then down to his nose. I then ran the tip of my fingers a bit more until I touched his lips. They were warm and soft, just as they were every time we kissed. Then, Ben started kissing my fingers as I continued passing them, making me exhale again and wonder if his lips would still taste like passion and love.

After that, he took my hand and moved it to his cheek again. He then kissed my head once more, my forehead, my temples, and more, and as he lowered his lips through my face, I lifted it, until his lips and mine were near each other.

Ben was like a magnet to me, and I could not stay away from him any longer.

With the night and the fire on our side, we kissed.