Just Give Up

While thinking of another escape plan a random spider brought down a single raw potato. What type of sick joke is this? You rolled your eyes and started biting into the potato. You hated the flavour. It was so bland. You went back to coming up with an escape plan. You could try and take the keys from the skeleton when he comes down. You knew he checked on you about every hour, so you were ready for his next return. You sat there drawing pictures in the dust when you heard the familiar sound of rattling bones.

     "I see you're still drawing." He said bored.
    "I see you're still dead." You deadpanned. He gave you a 'really' look then just sat down near your cell, but facing the stairs. You scooted closer and started small talk to be less suspicious.
      "So, when did you start working for Herobrine?" You questioned from behind him. He glanced at you then turned back around.
     "About 5 years ago maybe. He found me being attacked by an iron golem and saved me." He explained. You leaned in and quietly grabbed his keys.
      "That was nice. Do you know why he saved you?" The skeleton shook his head and you slowly backed up with the keys behind you.
      "I assume so he'd have more help. I'm not sure though."
     "Oh." He sighed then stood up.
     "Guess I better head out. See ya in a bit kid." He walked up the stairs and you sighed in relief.

     You stood up and put your hands through the bars. You slid the key into the keyhole and twisted. The door made a click noise then opened slowly. You pushed the door open the rest of the way and walked out. You cautiously walked up the stairs and looked back and forth. You saw a creeper walking away and you bolted across the hall. You were close to the front door so you went straight for it. You made it to the front door and looked out. There were 4 zombie guards. You knew you couldn't make it past with your bad ankle, so you went to look for another exit.

     You walked around for a bit then found a doorway to the stables. You smirked and walked out. You would take a house but that would be easier to see running off. You walked past the horses and went to the door that led outside. You were at the back of the manor and saw a forest not too far away. You climbed over the fence and walked towards the forest. You made it to the edge of the forest and continued, trying to get as far from the manor as you could.

      It was now nighttime and you were still traveling through a forest. You knew they would know you're missing by now but hoped they would give up on finding you. You were mad at your boss for sending you in there, but decided not to talk to him about it. You were afraid you'd say something stupid with the amount of anger you felt right now. Your ankle had been hurting for awhile and your feet were starting to ache. It's time to buy new shoes. You decide to stop and rest. You sat down beside a tree and shivered at the slight breeze.

      You had nothing. You didn't think about looking for your stuff first. You were going to have to start completely fresh. You kicked your shoes off and starting massaging your feet some. Finally you yawned and decided to go to sleep. You slipped your shoes back on to keep your feet warm and drifted off. Just as you were about to be fully asleep you heard a stick break and a saw pair of feet stand in front of you. You jumped up as quick as possible and tried to get back. The person grabbed your wrists and you looked up to see glowing white eyes.

      "Won't you just give up already. You're never going to escape." He spat. You flinched at his harsh tone. He started dragging you and you whimpered.
      "I can't walk back all that way. My ankle is in pain." He turned to look at you and glared.
      "Well maybe you shouldn't have tried to escape, bitch." He spit and then yanked you forward. You yelped and fell over. His hand let go and your hands immediately shot to your throbbing ankle.
      "Leave me alone." You said hatefully through gritted teeth. You had tears in your eyes as you held your injured ankle.
     "Don't try to steal from people." He said back with an equal amount of hatred. He grabbed your wrist again and began to pull you towards his manor again. You cried out in pain and let the tears freely fall.
     "Please, I'll go with I just can't walk it hurts too much." You try to convince. He frowns then picks you up and cradles you to his chest. You sigh at your defeat and then suddenly you're in his bedroom.
      "Holy shit you can teleport?!" You said in disbelief.
     "Yea." He said in a duh tone. He walked over and sat you on his bed.
      "Stay here." He instructed. He then disappeared and came back quickly after. He handed you a pinkish potion and you recognized it as a healing potion. You then tilted your head back and drank it all.
      "Thank you." You mumbled. He nodded and sat down on a chair in the corner of the room.
      "You're probably tired. You can go to sleep. I'm going to work." He informs. You nod and he disappears.

      You get under the bed sheets and lay down. You feel yourself get tired and start to drift off. You yawn and then you're quickly consumed in darkness.