I'm Bait

"Herobrine!" You shout in the cave Null brought you to. He had said this is where he left Herobrine.
"Herobrine please! I'm sorry." You lie. Null threatened both Alex and Steve, so you're doing what he wants.
"Herobrine?" You question as you hear rustling.
"Y/n? Is that really you?" Herobrine asks as he comes out from behind the wall.
"Herobrine!" You run up and hug him.
"I'm bait." You whisper in his ear and you hug him. You thought that even if you hate him, you don't want Null to win. He holds you at arms length.
"What?" He looks concerned. Null told you to pretend you had escaped. Easy. Your eyes started to tear and you hug him again.
"Null is here." You whisper. He nods.
"It was horrible! He has Notch and Steve." You cry out. Acting skills 10/10.
"He has them both?" He goes along with it.
"Yea and he never feeds us! Notch can barely lift his head he is so weak. I'm scared." You admit. You weren't lying.
"That's enough y/n. Come here." You hear Null say from behind you. You feel Herobrine gently push you behind him.
"Y/n. I said come here." He growls. You go to leave and Herobrine sticks his arm out. You place your hand on his shoulder and he slowly lowers his hand.
"Y/n?" He quietly says as you walk beside Null. You turn to face Herobrine and give him a wink. He nods slightly, not making it too obvious that he understands.
"That's better y/n. Now, go stand over there. I have to take care of Herobrine." He instructs pointing to a wall. You go and stand by the wall as Null charges at him.

Null swung a sword at Herobrine and he managed to dodge it. You watch as a pickaxe and a Sword form in Herobrine's hands. Null swings again and Herobrine blocks it with his pickaxe then swings with his sword. The fight goes on and they both manage to dodge every attack. You thought of any possible way to help Herobrine. You watched as Herobrine dropped his sword and it slid next to you. Herobrine summons another one and you just watch. You slowly pick up the sword. You walk over as the continue to fight. You get close enough and lunge at Null. The sword goes through his chest and he stumbles over. You pull the sword out and back up holding it, ready to fight. He turned to look at you and you could see the anger in his eyes.

"Y/n, that wasn't a very good idea." He then lunges at you. You dove out of the way. You landed on the floor and knocked the breathe out of yourself.
"Not so fast." He says as he kicks the sword away from you. He then kicks your side causing you to yelp and grab it. He then gets ready to plunge the sword into you.

Herobrine jumps over you and stabs his sword into Null. Null now and two large wounds and weird black blood seeping out. He stumbled back and made a weird growl noise. You watched as skeletons started emerging from the dark. They all poised their bows and pointed them at you.

"If she moves, shoot her." Null instructs. You sit up and scoot against the wall. They all follow your movement with their bows but don't shoot.
"You've made a big mistake." Null said as he walked up to Herobrine. Herobrine was breathing heavy, but looked ready to fight again.
       "Oh did I now?" He taunted. Null growled then lunged.

       Herobrine dodged the first swing but got hit by the second one. His arm had a large gash in it and blood was pouring out. He swung at Null but missed. You wanted to help but saw all the skeletons ready to shoot. Behind one of the skeletons you saw a familiar skeleton, Nick. He pulled out a sword and swung at the first skeleton. His head popped off and you sat there in shock. Eventually all the skeletons were attacking Nick and you could move. You looked over and saw Null standing in front of Herobrine with a devilish smile.

"It's time you finally leave this world." He raised his sword and you ran towards them.

You jumped and grabbed Herobrine. You felt something hit your back, then you were gone. You were no longer in the cave and Herobrine was unconscious beneath you. There was blood slowing pooling out of his wounds. You felt a pain in your back as you moved and turned to see an arrow sticking out. You tried to pull it out but it was no use. You physically couldn't bend yourself enough to pull it out. You slowly crawled off of Herobrine and started to feel dizzy. Before you knew it, you were out.

Herobrine's POV

     I woke up aching all over. I had no idea where I was or what had happened. Last thing I remembered was being cornered and Null about to finish me. I sat up and looked around. Y/n was laying close to me with an arrow sticking out of her back. I rushed over to her and examined the wound. It would be best to remove the arrow. I was afraid she would wake up from the pain, but it had to be done. I gently put my hand on her back near the arrow and wrapped my other hand around it. I then pulled.

Your POV

"Ow!" You sit up abruptly and cringe at the pain in your back. Herobrine was next to you holding a bloody arrow.
"Y/n! Do you know how we got here?" He questioned.
"No. I just jumped in front of you so Null wouldn't kill you, and now we are here." He nodded slowly, like he was deep in thought.
"Well, I need to put something on your wound so it doesn't bleed out." He informed and looked at your back. You nodded and turned so your back was towards him.

There was some rustling around then you felt pressure on your back. It hurt some but not as bad as you thought. He then wrapped the cloth around your abdomen. You turned to thank him. You realized the cloth around your abdomen was in fact his shirt.

"Thank you." You mumbled. You felt his fingers go under your chin and he gently lifted it so you were looking at him.
"You're Welcome. Now don't go jumping in front of me anymore. I can't let you get hurt because of me." You smiled slightly then remembered the times he was rough and would bruise your wrist or throw you against a freaking wall.
"So you're saying you don't want to be the cause of my pain?" You questioned. He nodded and removed his hand.
"So, this," you raise your bruised wrist, "is different?" He looks at your wrist and he sighs.
"Look, I'm Sorry. I let my temper get the best of me. I know it's not an excuse, but I'm sorry." He was looking at the ground. You leaned forward and hugged him.
"Thank you for saving me though." You mumbled. He gripped you in the hug, being careful to not hit your wound. You both sat in each other's embrace for a moment just enjoying the warmth.
       "What are we going to do now?" You questioned.
      "Well, you are going to rest so you can heal and I'm going to finally get rid of Null." You rolled your eyes.
       "That's not a plan. How are you going to finish Null?" His face turned from confident to concentrated.
"Good question." He then grabbed your arm and you teleported into a small house.