nine

A few days after the blow up with Nikki, I was sitting at home after work making dinner. There was a knock on the door, when I opened it there was a man standing there with a envelope "Ma' am are you Rylynn Bennett?", "Yes", "Can you sign this please", I took the pen from the man and signed a little piece of paper. ' Register Letter', as I look at it, then I seen the name Nikki Sixx." Well what the fuck?"

Becca was at home today, so she must of heard me when she came walking in to the kitchen where I was getting ready to open the letter. "What is that?", "Its a register letter from Nikki", after I opened it I started to scan over the letter itself. The first thing I see is a hand written letter, 'Rylynn, Sorry for getting upset but I have been accused to many times. Please forgive me, Nikki'

On the other paper is a appointment to have DNA testing done. Okay, so maybe he isn't going to just blow this off, good because I have nothing to hide and I know for a fact that Nikki is Ashley's dad. Becca begins looking over all the papers from the envelope, "You don't think he is going to try something do you?", "Why would he?", Becca just shrugs. I put the date of the testing on the calendar, which is going to be during the day so Ashley is going to have to miss some of the school day, she rarely misses so I'm not bothered by it. I'm not sure how she is going to feel though.

Once dinner is finished I decided to have Ashley sit at the table with me and Aunt B, "Listen baby next week we have to go and get some tests done, its not going to hurt or anything but you are going to miss some school that day?", "Why?", "Well you know that man that came over a few days ago to visit?", "Yeah the tall one with big hair?", "yes sweetie thats the one, he is actually your daddy, I know you have asked me a few times, and I wasn't sure what to tell you. Are you okay?", "I guess so, but I heard you too fighting", "Sometimes grown ups do that but I promise it was nothing you did or anybody else", "okay", "do you have any questions for mommy or aunt B?", "no...can I watch cartoons now?", "Yes baby go watch your cartoons", I lifted her up off my lap, gave her a kiss on the head, and she made her way to the tv. 

Becca looked at me, "That went better then I thought", "Yeah but I am not sure she really understands, ya know", "Once she starts spending time with him I think it will all work out", "I hope so", as I got up and started putting dishes in the dishwasher. Once Ash was bathed and in bed, I sat in my room thinking. Maybe I should have waited to say anything? He does have the right to know, right? I should have just kept it to myself like I had planned to do? I had a million thoughts going through my head, how was I going to be able to sleep for work in the morning. 

I was at work, even though had little to no sleep, I was currently on my lunch hour sitting at a picnic table enjoying the weather and having a smoke. When I looked to my left I saw a familiar face walking towards me, "Hey", "Hey...how do you know where I work?", "I called and asked your friend, we needed to talk", "Yeah I guess we do", "Can we talk now or later", "We can talk now, I still have some time", "Okay...I'm really sorry about blowing up at you, it was not my intention I was kind of shocked, I haven't seen or heard from you since that night, and honestly I didn't think any thing like that would happen", "Its ok, it was a lot for me to deal with when it happen but I just had to grow up a lot sooner then planned", "I know but I should have been there", "Its not your fault I did try to reach you when I found out", "I understand, but I would really like to try to start to get to know her", "I think we can do that...how about you come over tonight, maybe have dinner", "that sounds good, 5 pm good?", "perfect". As Nikki stood up to leave he walked over to me and kissed on the cheek, "See ya soon".