jihyo×₆

× don't expect too much. this is just a short fic lol ×

Yoongi is a senior student, who just transfered in BH University. He didn't like to be in the spotlight, but he did transfer during the last semester. which will make the students wonder why he transfered last minute. Add to that information is an attractive face.

"Hey man!" Namjoon greeted once Yoongi seated in the lunch table. "Hyung!" Jimin greeted. These three are good friends, originally it's just Namjoon & Jimin. But Yoongi was partnered with Jimin in a school project, and he introduced him to Namjoon. since then, they've become close friends.

The boys are just chatting, when they were greeted by Jimin's younger sister. Park Jihyo.

Jihyo sat beside Yoongi, and joined them for lunch.

"I have to say something," Jihyo says reluctantly, getting the attention of her oppas. "to Yoongi oppa. Which I hope to speak in private?"

Namjoon and Jimin looked at each other, but the clueless Yoongi just gave her a nod. And the two left.

"Do you need me to interfere?" Jimin says, Namjoon declined. "I'm not blind Chim. I know she likes Yoongi."

Jihyo lead him to the university pool, they sat on the bleachers and watched the students swim.

"So, Jihyo. What is it?" Yoongi asked

"This took me a lot of courage to say, Oppa." Jihyo says, while exhaling sharply. "I like you. Very much." She looked at his reaction, which is a blank expression. "I-I don't need answers, right away. I just can't take this feeling anymore. I know you're my brother's friend, but the way you treat me. You listen to my problems, you even help me with my school works. I appreciate those, and here I thought that I'm just feeling that I'm looking up to you as my brother. But no." She was stopped by Yoongi pulling her into a hug.

"Shh. You're being annoyingly chatty again." Yoongi teased, making the younger feel at ease and slowly softens into his embrace.

"Let me think about this, okay? I'm not sure about mine." He says.

"Don't make me wait." She reminded him, He nodded.

The bell rang, which made Jihyo jump into her seat and said her goodbye. "I'm late to my class. I'll see you later, okay?" Yoongi gave her a smile and waved goodbye.

It's already evening in the same day, the three boys gathered in Yoongi's apartment and drank beers.

"I didn't know you were that clumsy." Yoongi says, laughing at Jimin's story about Namjoon losing his passport.

"Well, Namjoon can't be spelled without clumsy." Jimin jokes, making Namjoon choke on the beer. "See."

Yoongi is still laughing but he handed a tissue to him.

"We're out of beers, I'm going to buy new one." Jimin shouted from the kitchen, and they heard the door close.

"So, you and Jihyo?" Namjoon says, Yoongi shooked his head. "She just confessed, I still don't know how I feel about her." He shrugs.

"She's a great girl." Namjoon praises, "She loves to sing, it's her passion. She also is very good at leading a team, that's why she's the current president in her batch." Yoongi nodded, "Once you get to know her more, you'll know how great a sister she is to Jimin. Even with her friends. She never once disobeyed her parents."

Yoongi handed him a chip, "Do you like her?"

Jimin heard the question, and he thought Namjoon already told Yoongi.

"Oh thank God. Yoongi already knows your past relationship with Jihyo." He says, in relief. Putting the beers on the kitchen, "we wanted to tell you the moment Jihyo asked for you earlier. And I'm glad Namjoon cleared the boundaries between you two." He says, while sitting on the couch.

Yoongi is looking all over the place except for the two boys, while Namjoon is looking at him with deadly stare. "What's with the look, joon?" Jimin says, laughing. and realizing the situation, "Wait, you didn't-"

"No, dumbass. I haven't told Yoongi about it." Namjoon says throwing a pillow at him.

"And that is?" Yoongi asks, Namjoon took a deep breathe and said. "Jihyo and I are ex-lovers."

"I didn't know, I'm sorry." Yoongi says, Namjoon smiled. "That's okay."

And now Yoongi is torn in his decision. Should he choose his happiness? or his friend?

They'll be sure be awkward as hell if he accepted Jihyo's confession. But he didn't want to hurt his friend. The one friend who understands him the most.

It's been a week, Jihyo and Yoongi met at the pool area once again.

Yoongi already made a decision. A decision making that included him of not meeting anyone for a whole week, and made him lock himself inside his apartment.

"I've been busy with the council works, sorry for not talking to you these past few days" Jihyo apologizes, Yoongi smiled.

"Jihyo-ah, I also like you." Yoongi says, "I thought of many ways on how should I tell you this. But it's just this way, Ji."

He breathed heavily and turned to face her, "But I don't want to hurt Namjoon's feeling." Jihyo's wide smile faded away, "You don't know how much I wanted to kiss you, hug you, and call you mine. But I can't. I can't do it when I know someone is hurting."

"We already broken up, and we're in good terms." She says.

"I know, but he still loves you." Yoongi says, "And I know you do." Jihyo shooked her head and said, "No, I'm completely over him."

"Don't be in denial, Ji. I'm just a new face-"

"Min Yoongi, I really like you." Jihyo says, not wanting to hear his explaination. "And don't you dare instruct me on what i feel."

"Okay, I'm sorry." Yoongi says.

The two went silent, they just looked on the people who are swimming.

"So, this is it?" Jihyo says, awkwardly laughing.

"I guess so." Yoongi replied. They stared at each other for a good one minute, before Jihyo grabs her bag and intending to leave but Yoongi grabbed her wrist.

"We can still be friends, like we used to be, right?" Yoongi reassures, Jihyo smiled at him and slowly removed his hands. "Maybe if my feeling fades away, we can."

Yoongi just stared at Jihyo walking away from him. It truly hurts, the person you like walking away from you. Rejecting your one favor, yet he still thinks it's better than losing his most trusted friend.

× a/n: this story is meant to be a short fic. this is dedicated to God Jihyo's birthday! I know this is not a happy ending, but hey. You gave me more than one name to pair her with. I hope you like it! because I do ♡×