nayeon°jeongguk₁₂

December 2019
Out of all days that she forgot to bring her earphones, it's the day when a new student comes in and all her classmates are excited. Squealing and talking, trying to get the attention of the new student. She just sighed and continued drawing.

The teacher came inside, introducing the new student. "Hi! I'm Jeon Jeongguk!" He says. The students are cheering for him.

"Is this an olympic? Tch." Nayeon whispers.

"You can sit beside Ms. Im." The teacher says, Nayeon cursed under her breathe. "Hey, I'm Jeongguk" He introduces, which was ignored by her.

One week came by so fast, yet Jeongguk always bothers Nayeon.

"Why are you ignoring me?" Jeongguk asks, panting. He followed Nayeon through the gate of the university. "Let me walk you home."

"Can you please stop bothering me? Isn't it obvious that I want to be alone?" Nayeon says, Jeongguk just smiled at her. "Come on, i've followed you for four days now. We live in the same neighborhood." She just sighed at what he said, and kept distance.

××

One month came by, and yet. Jeongguk never leaves her side, even if how many times Nayeon keeps reminding her that she wants to be alone.

"Hey, you want to join us for lunch?" Taehyung asks, his lab partner on Chemistry. Jeongguk politely declined, "Nayeon will eat alone if I don't eat with her."

"She usually eats by herself, she really hates it when the attention is on her. You should probably stop before it gets worse." Taehyung says, "You might trigger her in some way." and he bid his goodbye.

Jeongguk was confused with what his lab partner said, how would he trigger her? He decided to ignore it for now and go to the cafeteria.

He smiled when he saw the face he keeps looking for, "Hey. Sandwich again? You know that isn't enough, right?" He says while giving her his food.

Nayeon just sighed, still ignored him.

Few minutes later, she packed up her stuff and about to leave when he grabbed her wrist. "Eat it, for me?" He says.

Nayeon was about to give in with his puppy eyes, but she shakes off his hands and shouted "How many times should I tell you to leave me alone?" and she swear to the Gods of Fire, she saw how hurt he is when she did that. She left him on the table and walked away.

Jeongguk was startled with what happened. He looked around, realizing all eyes are on his. So he left the cafeteria.

She didn't attend the rest of the class, she stayed at her secret space. Which is the abandonded playground, the university basically didn't care about it. It's all rusty, and some of them are already broken.

Nayeon cried. Blaming herself for making people go away, even if there is someone who's consistent and tries his best to befriend her. But she can't. She won't let herself have a friend again.

Jeongyeon is her bestfriend, and she lost her. Nayeon and Jeongyeon are as usual, in the beach after exams. That's their go-to, they feel relaxed everytime they swim. One time, Nayeon drowned. Not knowing that she went too far. Jeongyeon saw it, decided to call for help but no-one seems to care. So she swims to save Nayeon, but in the end it's Jeongyeon who drowned and couldn't survive.

She blamed herself. If she was careful enough, that wouldn't happen.

Once she heard the bell, a ring that signals dismissal, she quickly wiped her tears. wore her eyeglasses to cover the puffy eyes, and decided to go home.