Chapter 9 - They've been WHAT? and Logan vs Alaric

Gilbert Residence

After Stefan left while carting our Logan we have been planning ways to keep Vamps away.

"We need to Vervain proof things." I say seriously

Aunt Jenna starts hesitantly as if unsure "We could use Vervain when washing clothes."

I nod "Thats a good idea, however unfortunately I need my clothes Vervain free."

Jeremy speaks up then "I want mine Vervain free too, I want to get to know that Anna girl you mentioned."

"Alright, we'll mix liquid Vervain into Auntys detergent" I say "we should also put it in the cleaning products, the Salvatore's might not like getting the sting of Vervain whenever you touch something that was cleaned but maybe they'll grow somewhat of an immunity to it."

Aunt Jenna and Jeremy nod then Jeremy says "and maybe that'll stop sneaking over at night when we're sleeping."

My head snaps up "They've been what?" I snap out.

"They've been stopping by late at night, I wouldn't have noticed but I went in to check on you because of the Noah thing and I noticed Damon, he was sitting away from you but. . I've come in to check on you during night time when I wake now and usually one of them is in there with you." Jeremy says

"I know about halloween, that was more out of paranoia from us both though. Are you sure one of them have been in my room at night ever sense?" I ask him seriously.

"Yeah, they aren't laying on bed with you or anything but. . It doesn't . . . It makes me worry about you, after everything that happened in your previous lifetime, I don't like them in your room with you unaware." He says, I can tell he's nervous and worried.

Me and Aunt Jenna nod solemnly and say at the same time "I don't like it either."

"I'll talk to them, but I can guess that they'll see it as me not taking my 'safety' seriously or something." I say feeling incredibly annoyed and I can't help but feel really uncomfortable.

"Lena, you can stay and room with me." Jeremy suggests.

I take a deep breath "okay, I'll stay in with you and we can set up an air mattress for me."

Jenna nods in agreement and say "I think that'd be best, they seem to be starting to think that they can do whatever they want in our house."

"Remember, unless they can step past the threshold without an invitation do not let them through the door." I tell them sternly. "If you want to invite a Vamp in then we will have a family meeting to discuss doing so."

They both nod and then we head upstairs to get some sleep, since the air mattress isn't set up yet we just snuggle for bedtime, makes him sure I'm not being creeped on and I don't feel paranoid enough to sleep with a stake in my hand.

———————————————
3rd POV

Stefan is running through the woods with Logan over his shoulder, he has to get him to the boarding house so that he can lock him in the basement and help or so that they can stake him.

On his way through he's hit from the side, fast and hard. Logan flies off his shoulder and slams into a tree.

Stefan looks around and he hears something behind him, he starts to turn and his neck is then snapped.

Noah is standing behind Stefan's falling body looking quite pissed, that Logan Fell is a right asshole. They didn't have to move him to safety, sure they didn't help him with learning to feed or teach him anything really but he can't be a distraction if those damn Salvatore's kill him first.