Chapter 20 - Meeting Mommy Dearest

Mystic Grill
3rd POV

Isobel and Alaric are standing at the bar.

Isobel greats him saying "It's good to see you. You look good. I hear that you're a high school history teacher? How is that?"

Alaric sighs and asks her "Where have you been, Isobel?"

Isobel shrugs, "I don't have any reasons that are gonna comfort you. I don't have any explanations that are gonna satisfy you. I wanted this."

Alaric asks her curiously "It's that simple?"

Isobel nods "Yeah. You were supposed to mourn me, and move on."

Alaric shakes his head, god Elena was right, of course she was. "You were my wife, and I loved you. How could I not search for you?"

Isobel says annoyed "Because I wasn't lost, Rick." She takes a piece of paper and writes something.

Isobel sighs and says "I understand that you know my daughter Elena" she pauses and looks at him then continues. "I want you to arrange for a meeting with us."

Isobel hands Alaric the paper, when Alaric looks at the paper his face contorts into anger.

Alaric asks upset, "You want me to deliver a message?"

Isobel smiles happily "Yeah."

Alaric shakes his head and throws the paper. Then says angrily "Screw you. You selfish bitch." As he gets up and leaves.

In the parking lot, Alaric is heading towards his car but Isobel vamps up behind him looking disappointed.

Alaric feeling angry yells "What do you want from me?"

Isobel blankly looks at him "I told you."

Alaric shakes his head "I'm not gonna do anything for you."

After he says that she grabs his throat and strangles him him against his car. Isobel says angry in his ear "You better tell Elena that I want to meet or I'm gonna start killing the citizens of this town one by one and I'm gonna start with your history students. Got it?"

She throws him away from her onto the  floor and gives him the paper again. He gets up and looks at the paper, feeling both angry and hurt by his living-dead wife.

—————————————————
Gilbert Residence

Damon called me again, he's been doing this everyday since I've died now.

"So what are you doing after school today?" He asked me again.

"I'm busy after school. I have to do the Miss Mystic Float thing for the parade otherwise Caroline is going to ride my ass." I tell him.

"What's on your agenda today Day?" I ask him.

"I'm thinking about preforming a massacre!" He says sarcastically.

I snort, "I'm sure, so why did you really call me?"

"I just wanted to make sure you have a chaperone so that you don't do anything reckless again." He says flamboyantly.