Chapter 27 - Making Kat Laugh. . and Mason pretends to die?

Salvatore Boarding House
3rd POV

Stefan's phone rings. He snatches it before Katherine can grab it and puts it to his ear as he watches her for any movement. But she's just watching him closely. "Hello?" He answers.

"Hey Stef" Elena answers and Katherine almost lunges.

"Can I help you with something Elena?" He asks her as he sees Katherine crunch down ready to lunge at him.

"Yup, we're having a blanket fort party and basically everyone is invited. I mean daddy John left town for something but everyone plus one guest will be here as well! It'll be exciting!" Stefan and Katherine hear her say happily.

In the background they hear Damon's voice "Lena, if you keep jumping on the couch you'll break your head."

They hear Elena giggle and start saying tauntingly "2 little monkeys jumping on the bed 1 fell off and bunked his head. Momma called the doctor and the doctor said no more monkeys jumping on the bed. 1 little monkey jumping on the bed she fell off and oops . . ."

They hear a fake scream and all of a sudden they hear Damon shout through the phone "GOD DAMNIT LENA COULD YOU NOT TRY TO GET HURT FOR ONE DAY!"

Then they hear Elena giggling as she says "Aww My Day Day, I knew you'd catch me and well if you didn't it'd be interesting. Aside from my many trips falling down or up stairs I've never fallen of a couch by jumping on it before."

Katherine looks at Stefan, curious about how he's taking this and she sees Stefan pinching his nose and mumbling under his breath about 'Reckless little Sisters' or something like that.

"So Stef, will you join us on our mighty quest of Fort Building and Rugged living?" They hear Elena say excitedly.

Stefan laughs a free laugh "Sure Elena, I'll meet you guys there soon." And he hangs up.

He looks at Katherine carefully who's face is in a thoughtful frown and tells her seriously "You might not notice it, but she's smart and reckless to the point where if she wants to get you, she will and you probably won't see it coming until it already has."

Katherine then says innocently "I wasn't thinking about doing anything."

Stefan holds in a laugh. That's a lie if he's ever heard one. "Right" he says with a raised eyebrow and he shakes his head "Bye Katherine." He says with a wave.

—————————————————
Gilbert Residence

In the living room sat a very excited Caroline and Bonnie. Both weren't able to attend before because they were busy or because the secret couldn't be shared yet.

Jeremy was downstairs with a laptop and talking to Anna on the screen because unsurprisingly Fort nights can get exciting and occasionally someone decides to do something stupid.

Stefan arrives with his own blanket and pillow.

Alaric and Aunt Jenna are in the kitchen making popcorn and making out.

Damon, Tyler and Mason are in some type of discussion something about 'using your fingers too'.

Me, Caroline and Bonnie are having girl chat with Stefan looking intently at Caroline and trying to talk to her.

I nudge Caroline and whisper "Go ahead and sit by him, he is only interested in talking to you right now."

Caroline shyly gets up and walks over to him and sits beside him.