Chapter 34 - School, skipping and inanimated objects!

Gilbert Residence
3rd POV

Damon entered the house quietly. He had already given her some of his blood but once he lays her down in her bed then he will give her more.

Jeremy walks out of his room as Damon nears and he can see some of the damage, her ripped clothes, her eyes fighting to close and he snaps out wide eyed at Damon "What the Fuck happened?"

"The wolves, they took her." Damon said sharply as he pushed past Jeremy, not in the mood while he's so worried about his mate.

Tyler came rushing up the stairs pushing past Elena's shocked brother to get to his mate as quickly as possible.

Jeremy's never ever seen her like that before. He follows them to her room as they go to change her clothes. He doesn't intervene. They're gently putting on her some fluffy pajama pants and Tyler holds her up as Damon puts a loose t shirt on her. She blinks and says softly "Damon?"

"Yeah, Yeah. Sweetie it's me, I got you baby I got you." He says as he softly touches her face.

She flinches slightly and smiles softly "Sorry Day, can't help it sometimes."

Just then Tyler comes into the room and rushes over to her and grabs her hand gently, "Lena, Lena, are you okay?"

She blinks again and responds softly "Ty, I'm fine. I'm fine." Then she smiles again gently and neither can stop the feeling that she's trying to comfort them when she's the one who needs comforting.

"No you're not baby." Tyler whispers as he sits on the other side of her.

"It's okay to not be alright Lena" Damon whispers to her from her other side.

"I have to be alright Day." She whispers to him wide eyed.

"You were hurt baby, it's okay to not be alright." Tyler tells her soothingly.

She starts to tear up as she looks between them wide eyed "but I have to be, I have to be, people aren't there for that, they don't see it , they can't."

"Shhhhhhh, shhhhhh, it's alright, it's alright" Damon says into her ear as she begins to cry softly.

"You're so strong honey." Tyler says as he runs his fingers through her hair. But as he says it, it's like a wall is built and her tears stop slowly.

They snuggle up beside her Damon on her left and Tyler on her right. Lena is snuggled into Damon's side and Tyler is spooning her both of them whispering sweet words as she tries to build her exterior up.

She hasn't had that happen in a long time after all, were everything feels like it's coming apart inside her and she can't hold it in. But she can do this, she's done this before without any support and right now she has that. She has support, real support and she feels loved and she hardly did before and she finds a part of her wishes it was all real instead of a dream.

But how can she fathom ever being without her kids? Are they happy? She hopes that they're all happy. . . Then maybe, just maybe if this is real she can move on without praying to die.

They snuggled will into the morning, Elena going between sleeping and trying to force herself to get over it. She doesn't believe it should affect her after all, she's been through this before, and it felt much worse then this, didn't it?

But she has support, she's being held, she's feeling loved? Isn't she the one who gives the one who harmed her support, never really receiving it back, isn't that what she's always done when it was tough?