Chapter 17

We followed Damian over to the table and stopped a few feet behind him as he whispered something to the man.

The man, my father, looked over to me and sent me a kind smile "it's nice to finally meet you" I nodded my head as we all sat down at the table.

Damian and our father on one side and me, Harry and Danny on the other.

"You look so like your mother" I sent him a small smile "so I've been told" it's hard since I never really knew my mother but I have seen a couple of pictures of her and I will admit that me do look alike.

"I bet you are confused" I nodded my head and felt Harry placing his hand in my knee, the little gesture calming my nerves.

"Well I am about to tell you guys it but first" he looked over to Harry "who are you?" He didn't say it in a mean way more curiously.

"I'm Harry, Melissa's boyfriend" my dad smiled and nodded over to him "nice to meet you" when I pictured this meeting, I always thought that he would be mean and what not but he is really nice and laid back.

"Okay well I was friends with Jack since we were little, when me and my family moved to New York. he was a nice lad but one day he started hanging around with these guys and started the drinking and the drugs and one day he talked about this girl that he met. when he spoke about her his eyes lit up and he had this goofy smile on his face. he really did love your mother"

"When I met her I was in total awe. Amelia was beautiful and shy. one night we were at this party and Jack left for some reason, leaving us alone and I got to know her a little better. one thing led to another and we kissed that night but we agreed not to tell Jack because he would lose it"

"One day Amelia came to me crying because they got in a massive fight and he broke up with her. she wanted to forget the pain and used me as a distraction, I was okay with it be used I thought that I might actually have a chance with her but something happened"

My dad looked down at the table and looked uncomfortable "what happened?" He sighed and spoke up "she found out that she was pregnant"

"With me?" This caused him to shake his head "not you, it was Damian"

"What?" The caused Damian to stand up from the table "she's my mother?" My dad nodded his head "why didn't you tell me?"

"Because if I did you would've told Jack and he couldn't find out about it"

"She had you and then Jack came back begging for forgiveness and she ended going back to him and left you with me and I had to lie saying that I got a random girl pregnant and she left you with me. it broke my heart to watch her with him after that"

"We kept you a secret and the following year she found out she was pregnant again and she got scared since we had another one night stand but the baby was Jack's" he looked over to Danny next to me who was looking down at the table with a look I couldn't understand.

"When you were 4 they got into a massive fight again and she came running to me again. she confessed that she has been in love with me since Damian was born and wanted to be with me but was scared of Jack's reaction. we went behind his back as bad as it sounds but yet again she went running back to him. she came to me one day saying that she was pregnant again and is 100% that the baby was mine."

"I begged her to run away with me but she refused saying that she loved Jack and wanted to be with him. so she told me that I couldn't be near you and told Jack that you were his, and I guess you know the rest"

"I regret not finding you earlier. maybe if I found you and spoke to you then I could've stopped Jack from finding you and when Damian told me what happened I was so angry at myself"

"I just don't want Jack to find you and hurt you again, I wouldn't be able to live with myself"

I shook my head and placed my hand on his "he won't find me, he thinks I'm dead" he looked up at me confused "dead?"

I nodded my head "he thought he killed me but he missed"

"I made him believe that you were dead so he wouldn't bother any of us again" I smiled over at Damian.

"Then once he believed me and left me alone I came straight here to find you"