Chapter 46

I grabbed my curlers and started to curl the ends of my hair.

Today is the court hearing. saying that I am nervous is an understatement. today can either go good or bad, I just hope that faith is on our side.

Once I had finished my hair I double checked my makeup before walking out of the bathroom to see Harry standing in the doorway of the nursery.

"You okay?" Harry looked over his shoulder and nodded his head. I walked over and helped him tie his tie since it was just hanging around his neck "you ready?"

I nodded my head as we walked into the living room to grab our stuff before walking out of the building in the car. the car ride was quiet but the reassuring squeeze on my knee was all that I needed to calm my nerves.

Harry parked in front of the court and I could see the guys standing there all waiting for us.

Harry grabbed my hand as we walked over to them "everything is going to be fine"

"Baby stop worrying" Harry placed a hand on my knee to stop my leg from bouncing up and down. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair "I don't think I can do this"

Just as I finished talking the side doors opened and I was quick to grab Harry's hand. there he was, Jack. he was wearing a orange jump suit and had two guards on each side of him.

I heard Danny suck in a breath "what happened to his face?" There was bruises all over his face and a few cuts as well.

"The police said it was hard to restrain him, he put up a fight"

"That cut on his right cheek looks like a cut from a knife or something sharp" of course Liam would say something medical.

"I did that"

Everyone turned to me as I stared at Jack "you did that to his face?" I nodded my head "I took the knife from him and used it on him, he got angry and slapped me around the face a couple of times"

I took a deep breath as Harry's hand tightened on mine "you did it as self defence"

The back doors opened and I drew my attention as Damian and my dad walked through and sat behind us. my dad looked over to Jack just as Jack turned around and faced us.

He was sick enough to send us a smirk and a small wave from his cuffed hands, it was enough for Harry and Danny to both jerk up in their seats.

A couple of the guards noticed and started to make their way over to us but Harry and Danny both sat back down when one of the guards holding Jack forced him to turn around.

We all stood up when the judge came in and sat down when told to.

"Melissa Grey" I took a deep breath and slowly stood up and walked over to the judge. I had to pass Jack but I didn't bother looking at him.

The lawyer smiled at me "how are you feeling Ms Grey?"

I gulped and looked at the jury and then back to the Lawyer "I'm doing fine"

"Can you please describe to the jury your relationship with Mr Wilson?"

I entwined my hands together to stop them from shaking. I looked over to Jack who was more interested in my baby bump than my face.

"It says here" he lifted up a file in his hands "that he's your father" I shook my head.

"That's not true, my father is Eric Grey" he nodded his head "but you lived with Mr Wilson"

"Yes because he was married to my mother. I thought he was my father up to 4 years ago when I found out that my father is Eric" The Lawyer nodded his head on understanding.

"Can you please tell us what happened on the 30th October?" I made a mistake looking over at Jack because as soon as my gaze met his I was a shaking mess. I heard a chair legs screech across the floor and a few muffled voices from the jury as the sound of rushing feet was heard.

I felt arms wrap around me and a kiss on my forehead. I looked up at Harry and shook my head "I-I can't do this"

Harry nodded his head "yes you can" Harry grabbed my hand and gave it another squeeze "I'll stand right here with you, okay?"

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath before nodding my head "okay" I turned back to the jury, ready to tell the truth and get Jack locked away for good.