4- ɴɪɢʜᴛ

It became dark soon after exploring the whole castle. Mina eonnie couldn't tour me since she has to take care of something.

That's alright though. Some maids are roaming around and doing their work. They greeted me and I actually made friends. It's not so bad here after all. I also saw his grace, Lee Jeno. He brought me to a few rooms and the garden. I was so thankful because I now know where the places are. This palace is huge.

I felt a little tired so I decided to go back to my room. On my way there I saw Mina eonnie.

"I've been looking for you. Come on I have to orient you on some things" she said and pulled me to her room.

She closed the door behind us and told me to sat on the bed and I looked at her intently.

"So this will be your working clothes" she showed me a dark green long sleeved dress that probably stops by my ankles. It also has a white apron. She also showed me black shoes that should be worn with black socks.

I must say, it isn't the prettiest color but I guess that will have to do.

"This isn't yours this is just a sample. Yours is in your cabinet. You have about 10 dresses there. So you don't have to do much laundry because we both know that the only laundry that matters is the prince's" she told me and I rolled my eyes.

"Mine matters too okay?" I said and she chuckled.

"I know I was just kidding. Anyways your shoes have been polished and you have lots of socks in your drawer" she told me and I nodded.

"I could've polished it myself and put all those dresses in my cabinet" I told her.

"Yes but I don't want you to feel tired on your first day here. Besides, tomorrow is when you meet the prince and probably the king and queen when they came back from Busan" she announced and with that being said I felt a little nervous but also curious.

"Not being nosy or anything but why are they in Busan?" I asked.

"They went there to meet and fetch Prince Jaemin's fiance, Princess Yuna of Busan. She's quite charming so she'll be the perfect match for the prince" she squealed a little and I laughed.

"Why? I've been taking care of the royal family for 7 years so seeing Prince Jaemin grow up to be a handsome young man makes me a little emotional. He's getting married now it was just like yesterday when he was struggling with a math problem in his homework and he asked me if I could help him with it. He couldn't divide 24 by 2!" she told me and we laughed together. She seems really fun and she really loves her job. Maybe I'll enjoy it here too.

"Enough of that. Anyways, as I have said you'll be the one assigned with everything that concerns prince Jaemin okay? Wake up early tomorrow and get ready. I advice you to go down to the kitchen and prepare his breakfast. He has training tomorrow and whenever he has training he prefers having breakfast on bed" she told me and I got a piece of paper and a pen and wrote it down.

"Is there any food he likes... Or maybe any food he's allergic to?" I asked. I obviously need to know.

"Nothing. He's not a picky eater so you're pretty lucky. You also have to get his suit down the shop which he will be using for training. He left it there last week to get it washed and prepped. Don't worry though. Lee Jeno will be going with you because he will be bringing something there as well" she smirked at me and raised her eyebrows repeatedly.

"Can you please stop eonnie? He's the son of the duke and I'm a maid" I complained and rolled my eyes.

"Whatever. So run along and get ready for bed. You have a long day ahead tomorrow" she said and pushed me out of the room.

I hope nothing goes wrong.

Author's note:

Yeah.. Uhm sorry for not updating. A volcano in our place erupted and we had to evacuate somewhere safer. They don't have internet there and the signal sucks.i didn't have the chance to publish but y'all don't fret. While I was there for about 4 or 5 weeks i wrote a few chapters including this one hehehhee

Xoxo
@hanhyunjie