19- sᴜɪᴛᴏʀ

"Miss Seunghee.. You're being called at the throne room" one of the maids and my friend called.

"Stop being so formal with me. I'm still the same Seunghee you've met" I told her and she gave me a smile.

"Of course.. But his highness is behind me I don't want to seem rude to our future duchess" she whispered her last sentence and walked away from the door to reveal the tall and proud Na Jaemin.

I looked at him suspiciously on why does he look the way he does.

"Oh you will thank me Seunghee I swear" he said and pulled me out of my room.

We walked towards the throne room and entered. The king sat on his throne. At the left side of the room were Jeno and the duke, my father and on the right side was my foster or should I say the people who kidnapped me but took care of me. I gave them all a smile.

I reached the perfect distance in front of the king so I kneeled to give respect.

"Seunghee, you served the palace well and we are terribly sorry for keeping that secret for so long. We didn't want to shock you knowing that you are working for your so called family who was only using you for their own benefit but they visited my palace and apologized. I was suppose to kick them oyt but my son told me to let them work here. He told me they were important to you and that they regretted everything they've done which I believe. So from now on, this couple whom you treated like family will work here at the palace so you wouldn't have to be away. It's also a little token of appreciation for taking care of you even if that wasn't their intention in the first place" the king said and I smiled.

I immediately hugged my parents. I just can't stay angry. I love them so much and they were the only people who was there for me my entire lufe even if they had bad intentions at first. I forgive them.

After the whole meeting or conference with the king my parents were sent home first to pack their stuff and I was accompanied by Prince Jaemin. We walked around the garden.

"I'm sorry if father talks so much. All he has to do is tell you that they're gonna work here but he gotta give a whole speech about a simple thing to tell" he complained and I rolled my eyes in a playful manner.

"For your information, he delivered it well and he's a great king. So what if he talks so much? He knows what he's doing and you should too! You're gonna be king someday and marry Princess Yuna but you aren't even spending some time with her. What kind of husband are you?" I exclaimed and he looked at me dead in the eye.

"Because I want to be with you" he suddenly said and I gasped. I was shocked. What is the meaning of this?

"Your majesty, I am your servant. Not the princess" I replied. I know I'm not anymore but I just blurted it out. Well, I got so used to calling myself his servant because I actually liked my job.

"But I don't want the princess. I want you" he said and held my hands.

I don't know what to feel. I'm still confused about evrything and this is going to add up? He's the prince and I'm a duchess.. Is that even possible?

"I'm sorry your majesty but I'm still confused. I hope you understand. This is all so sudden to me" I said and he nodded with a smile.

"It's alright. I can wait and besides I want to do it properly" he said and kneeled down.

"W-what are you doing?" I stuttered and asked.

"Miss Choi Seunghee.. Or should I say Lee Seunghee may I have the honors to be your suitor and court you?" he asked.

What is this feeling? This whole grand romantic gesture stuff is making me feel confused about my feelings more. Do I like him? Or not? What if I'm just pressured because he's the prince? A tall, handsome, talented, smart and perfect prince! I mean how could I say no to that? He's so kind and loving it's so hard for me to reject.. Ohhh but the princess! What if I get thrown out?

"Jae- how about the princess?" I asked and he just shrugged.

"Seunghee.. Sweetheart.. Yuna noona is like a sister to me. We already talked and she doesn't care. She doesn't like the marriage too. She's into your brother for petesake!" he said and I sighed.

I pulled him up to make him stand.

I looked up at him and smiled.

"Yes of course"

"Splendid! I'll do anything to win your heart my lady" he said and gave me a quick kiss on the cheek and ran away.

I touched my cheek while I was redder than a tomato. It's crazy but why not try it right? Prince Jaemin makes me feel stuff and I get nervous sometimes when he gets close to me and how he makes my heart flutter with that dashing smile and his kind gestures. Maybe.. Just maybe.. I have feelings for his majesty as well?

But Jeno and Princess Yuna? Who knew?

Author's note:

Y'all don't even know what's about to go down? Lol jk😂 but anyways i hope you all keep safe and like this chapter! I wuv you all so much!

Xoxo
@hanhyunjie