25- ᴅᴜɴɢᴇᴏɴ

3rd person's POV

"Good day Seunghee" Princess Yuna greeted the little duchess and she looked up with a smile.

"Hello princess. Can I help you with something?" Seunghee asked and the princess smiled.

"Yes darling. I want you to come with me to the village to buy a 'get well' present for your brother. I don't know the ways around that town but you lived there so I assume you know your ways around" she said and you stood up happily.

"Why yes of course! How nice of you to think of him" she replied and you went down to the stables to get a carriage ready.

"Oh honey let me help you with that" her father said.. No not the duke.. Her step father.

"Thank you so much papa. Hope you and mom are doing well down here. I'm sorry if I haven't visited. We were quite busy and Jeno is resting and being taken care of" she said and Princess Yuna folowed.

So Seunghee went out first to get food for the short trip while the princess stayed there.

"Bye bye papa we'll be back soon!" the girl said and shut the carriage and arrived at the village not long after.

They bought a few books and went to the blacksmith to get Jeno the sword he always wanted.

"Alright this should be enough. Off we go! Thank you Seunghee you're such a doll" she says and they went back to the palace to rest.

They entered the palace immediately after.

"I'm parched. Do you want me to get you something to drink your majesty?" Seunghee asked and the princess shook her head.

"No need darling. I have some tea here actually. Would you want some?"

"Tea sounds great"

She poured some in your cup and Seunghee was about to drink it but Prince Jaemin suddenly snatched the cup away from her.

"That was rude Jaemin. If you want some you could've asked properly"

"No! This tea has the poison that Jeno consumed" Prince Jaemin said and pulled her away from the princess..

"What kind of nonsense are you talking about?" Yuna says. She was looking a little pale as her plan was suddenly falling apart.

The prince then got a plate and poured the tea all over  it revealing the bubbling and toxic liquid the cup contained.

"Oh my.. Princess Yuna.. You-.. Why?" Seunghee kept on stuttering as she was about to cry.

"I don't know how it got there. I would never do such a thing! You know that!" the princess defended herself but it was too late.

"Guards seize her" Jaemin says and she was taken away to the dungeon.

"You will pay for this Na Jaemin!" she shouted while she was being taken care of.

Meanwhile, Seunghee was still a little shocked by what happened. She didn't expect the sweet princess to have such devious plans.

"Seunghee it's gonna be fine. She's gone now. You have no reason to be afraid" jaemin sat down crouched down in front of you and she immediately gives him a hug.

The prince comforted her and brought her to her room.

"Is she gonna be alright?" Minah suddenly said but Jaemin says he can take care of her.

He closed the door and sat beside Seunghee on her soft bed.

"I.. I just couldn't believe it.. I thought she's.. Why would-" Seunghee kept on stuttering not knowing what to say until Prince Jaemin suddenly gave her a peck on the lips.

She gasped and was flustered.

"I wanted you to stop talking about it and breathe for a moment" the charming prince said as he cupped her cheeks with his hands.

"And you think kissing me will make me calm down? You made it worse you know ho-" she rambled again and Jaemin gave her another kiss.

"Speak or you'll get another one" he said a little cocky this time as the girl blushed.

"Just calm down. We'll get to the bottom of this. Atleast we know everyone is safe and protected now that she's in jail" Jaemin exclaimed and hugged the petite girl beside him.

"Thank you your majesty" Seunghee said and gave him a little kiss on the cheek.

"Seriously? You still call me your majesty? You're making me really confused. There are times that I think you feel the same way but others I think you're just playing with my feelings Seunghee. What really is it? Make it final" he whined and the girl just chuckled.

"Be patient Prince Jaemin. I feel the same way alright? But we haven't even figured out a way to settle this yet. It's unsual for a future duchess and the future king to get together. We dont know if our parents are going to approve of it. So please be patient alright?" Seunghee replied and the prince pouted.

"Fine. You owe me another kiss"

"Go kiss Jeno instead you clingy rabbit!"

Author's Note:

I'm cringing as I wrote this ughhh I feel like this story is all over the place lol but imma edit this when I have the time. I just want to publish something today. Hope you all enjoyed! Be safe!

Xoxo
@hanhyunjie