20- ʟɪʙʀᴀʀʏ

Day 1 of being the actual duchess. I had to go training because apparently I don't act lady-like according to the royal adviser or something.

I mean yes I grew up in the village but it doesn't mean I can't be lady-like. I know when and where to act like one but in this case they want me to be like that ALL THE TIME and it just hurts my head thinking about how I should sit, talk, eat and other stuff. They also didn't wanna let me ride Philippe (my horse back in the village! Yes he's a palace horse now) because my dress might look filthy and my hands are gonna be covered in dirt but that's the fun of it you know?

Mina eonnie even treats me differently now and I don't like it one bit. I'm still the old Seunghee she knows. She doesn't need to act and think so highly of me just because I'm royalty. They even transfered me to a bigger room away from her which made me awfully sad.

Anyways, the prince was very kind and sweet by helping me out with my lessons. He taught me the things I need to learn and when I get too stressed he helps me sneak out and we ride together to go to the streams we used to play at!

Jeno was pretty helpful too he makes these jokes to make me laugh and have fun during lessons (the reason why my teacher gets angry and then walks out).

Earlier today I was called by the duke or should I say my father to go at the palace's library. Acvording to him, he's gonna teach me some ways on how to help the future king with ruling the kingdom. He is a good duke after all.

So I said goodbye to my teacher after my lessons and immediately went to the library and there I saw my father standing tall.

"You called me? Your grace?" I said.

"How many times do I need to tell you to call me father or dad" he replied and I just giggled.

"Sorry father I just like calling you that to tease you" I exclaimed and he laughed as well.

"Because of you Jeno calls me that too"

We have grown so much closer for the past few days. So this is what it feels like to be with your real father.

My step father was really close to me too but I always have the feeling of being a burden because they 'adopted' me (I mean they basically kidnapped me but still! Atleast they really acted like parents).

So father started talking about the kingdom and the rules on how I ca be an effective duchess in ths near future but at the end of the lecture he told me that "But I know that you have your own way to be the most successful duchess there is! Who needs these rules when you have a strategy of your own. That is one of the things I admire you for my sweet daughter. You have your own way to do things and quite frankly your ways are more practical than what I usually do. I grew up following these rules but I don't even know if I became the ideal the duke they wanted me to be. i was like you Seunghee. I wated to do my own thing but I didn't have the chance to so I am giving you the chance you deserve alright? Turn these rules into Seunghee style. Of course you still need to follow the major rules but like-" I cut him off with a hug.

"You talk too much dad" you said and teared up.

"I know your parents and mom are proud of you for being the most respected and amazing duke there is. You did the right thing and you helped turned the kingdom into what it is today! I wanna do my own way but you know what? I want to follow your foosteps and be a proper duchess. I can insert some ideas in but I can't possibly transform the system of the kingdom at my young age. I wanna be just like you father. I love you" you replied and after that you two felt another person hugging... Two people actually.

You jumped in fright and saw Jaemin and Jeno joined in the hug.

"Privacy is a thing you know?" I said and the two young lads laughed.

"You two were getting a little sappy we just wanted to stop it. Jeno here was gonna cry and little Renjun was already tearing up and left" Jaemin explained.

"Oooohh you met Renjun? Isn't he the sweetest?" I stated and he nodded.

"Yeah we've been besties since he became a servant here so.."

"Anyways, I would just like to remind you that dinner is ready and the king wants to declare something" Jeno said and we all went out of the library.

Author's note:

Idek anymore lmao sorry!! Hope y'all like it mwah!

Xoxo
@hanhyunjie