16- ғʟᴀsʜʙᴀᴄᴋ 2

"Oh hello darling! You're finally awake!" the lady said with a warm smile.

"What? Where am I? And who are you?" I said while holding my head because of the pain.

"Oh don't be silly Seunghee. Stop playing games, it's us! Your parents!" the lady replied again.

"Really? I honestly don't remember anything. It's also quite strange why I don't remember my own name" I added and they just smiled at me.

"Honey, you got into an accident when we were on our way to the market. We're riding a carriage and got into an accident and you unfortunately had a severe head injury. No worries though you're fine now it's a good thing the villagers there helped us bring you to the nearest doctor" the man said and I gave them a confused look. They seem fine!

"You look fine" I said and the man started speaking up.

"You've been unconscious for 2 weeks our wounds are healing don't you worry about us" he said and I just nodded.

This is just so unusual if they are my parents then I should remember them right? Even if I got a head injury... Right?

"Now do you want something to eat?" the lady said and helped me stood up from my bed.

My stomach does feel empty. Don't mind if I do!

"Yes please" I said with a small smile on my face.

3rd person's POV

2 weeks ago~

The couple found the little girl laying down unconscious. They felt bad but at the same time they have plans... Not good ones to say the least.

"She's the daughter of the duchess Jihoon! We can get money off of her" Mrs. Choi told her husband.

"Don't you think we should just leave her? We might get in trouble" he said.

"Oh use your head honey. We'll keep her for years and gain her trust until we think she's ready to be returned. The palace would thank us and probably give us the fortune we want" she said and the man nodded.

"Well what if they question us why we didn't return her if we knew she belonged there" he replied again.

"That is why we're gonna pretend we don't know she's the daughter of the duke! From now on she's just a street girl we found on the streets unconscious and let fate take the wheel" she answered.

"And oh.. Pack your bags were moving to that land 30 minutes away from this village" she reminded him and the man just nodded.

"That's the property of the king so that might be an advantage in order for them to find us when the time comes. We'll get through this. It's gonna work trust me" Mrs. Choi said assured him.

Author's note:

Y'all are probably mad at me right now for making them the antagonist lol well I'm sorryyyy! It's gonna make sense at the end hihi

Xoxo
@hanhyunjie