17- ᴀᴅᴍɪᴛ

3rd person's POV

So yes the Choi couple took care of the future duchess as if she was their own. On the contrary, the couple warmed up to the girl almost forgetting about the plan not until the duke came to their homes years later. It made them nervous but at the same time excited for what's about to happen. Then of course Seunghee came to the palace to work and as expected they were getting benefits like food, clothes and they got to keep their house to themselves.

The couple felt a bit guilty though and they have to admit that they miss the girl.

"Should we just admit to everything?" the man said and his wife sighed.

"Seunghee would definitely be upset if we did"

"But it's the right thing to do"

The couple pondered hard on what they have to do.

Today also happens to be a day where Seunghee and the prince will visit them so it might be a good chance for them to just tell her the truth.

Prince Jaemin and Seunghee came a bit late. The girl was a bit down and she's not her usual bubnly self. As for Jaemin, he wanted to know the whole truth.

Yes, he did told Seunghee she was the mising daughter of the duke but he doesn't know the whole story.

The four of them sat by the table with food on their plates. No one dared to talk and it went that way for a long time.

Seunghee then decided to speak up. She has tears in her eyes as she spoke.

"How could you? Why didn't you just tell me the truth?"

The couple was sad and guilty for what they did and explained their side of the story. They apologized to her and to the prince. The girl looked at them with disbelief but at the same time she was thankful.

Why?

"Alright.. I'm disappointed but then again the both of you did take care of me. If it wasn't for you guys I would've been a mess or I might not be alive at this point. I appreciate it even if you have other plans about the whole situation. I'm just really sad because I treated you like real parents" she told them and the couple nodded.

"We know Seunghee but as time passes by we really did warmed up to you. We love you dear. We felt ashamed of what we did and we are truly sorry for everything. Do what you have to do. Lock us in or throw us away. That's what we deserve" her "mother" said.

Jaemin shook his head in disagreement.

"You might be at fault but without you Seunghee would've been unsafe and gone forever. We won't lock you in but instead I'll tell the king about this including the duke himself. The only thing I could ever think of is cancelling all of the goods that are going to be given to you. Meaning, we won't be supporting you anymore by giving you food and clothing. As for Seunghee she will be staying in the palace where she belongs. That's final" the prince declared and went out of the small house.

"I forgive you and I will always remember everything you've done for me. I love you both so much" the girl said and gave them a hug.

She was suppose to convince Jaemin to at least give them both a job at the palace so they can have a proper lifestyle and food to eat atleast. It's hard to find a job in the village especially if you don't have any funds to begin with.

But Jaemin said it's only fair. The king will decide if Seunghee's request shall be granted but for now it stays that way. They will tell the king in 2 days.

Author's note:

Sorry for not updating so long I got writer's block and I forgot what I was about to do with this story. I hope you all understand. Wow I always ask for your understanding lmao and I never change I always update late cuz I'm a bit irresponsible lol sorry about that. I get writers block often. Hope you all are safe tho. Wuv you guys! Y'all are the best!

Xoxo
@hanhyunjie