1- Dad Doesn't Care

I have been in New York City for five months and I have no friends. The funny part is, I don't mind. Sure my dad thinks that's my weak spot, but it really isn't. I don't need people in my life. I have music and art. What else do I need?

Everyone says I have a terrible taste in music. That I should like bands like All Time Low and Pierce The Veil, but no. It's One Direction and 5 Seconds of Summer for me.

Before you start trashing them, just know this. They were the only ones who were ever there for me. Those nights where I cried myself to sleep, Liam would be there to sing his solo to me, or Luke, or Harry, or just all of them. Their lyrics are what I want a boy to feel when he's around me, but that will never happen fro obvious reasons.

I walk down the streets of New York  in the November cold with only a thin jacket but I try to ignore the wind that seeps through the jacket.

I'm a senior going to the public high school and I hate it like crazy. It might be the "no friends" thing though; not that my dad would even allow me to have friends.

I hear a roar of a motor and I look up to see a motorcycle fly by. By just a glance at the leather jacket in the freezing cold, I know it's Alex Johnson.

He's the high school "heart breaker". Doesn't exactly have girlfriends, but will deny most dates ever since apparently some girl from last Christmas that broke his heart.

He has these hazel eyes that stop any girl in her tracks and they sparkle in a certain light. He has this messy light brown curly hair that is always perfect and fits with his perfectly tanned skin  and his toned body. To top it all off he has the bad boy look with his leather jacket and the motorcycle he rides.

Every time I see him, I freeze in awe at how perfect he looks. I heard around that he's really sweet and nice, but I wouldn't know. 

I don't like to call guys "hot", and I'd rather call them cute, but cute isn't enough for him. He is beyond cute and I have known this ever since the first day I got here, but I don't know what he's like on the inside. I don't talk to a lot of people because I'm well... me.

 Light brown wavy hair hair and piercing green eyes that people call "startling". Someone once told me they look somewhat similar to someone's named Nash Grier? I don't really know him though.

I have colored brown contacts because people at my old school would bully me just because of my eyes. Like who does that? But that's just how different they are. People hate different. So that's why I made my identity.

Aurora Jacobson.

Yes, that is my real name, but I don't dress how I want to. I dress in clothes that don't show any curves, even though I have them. I wear nerdy glasses, as people call them, but I don't need them. I put my hair in a ballerina bun because that just screams the word 'bland' when you put it with the glasses.

But that's what I am going for.

Bland.

What person is going to bother a boring person? With my weirdly bright green eyes, people took notice to my presence, but not with my brown contacts. I don't want to be noticed because at my old school before I moved to NYC, I was bullied. A lot. I got bullied for just being myself. Apparently people don't want you to be yourself.

So for 5 months at NYC, I have become a bland person during school who doesn't get bullied and no one pays attention to because she seems boring.

At home is a different story.

My mom left before I was even born. I know the reason she left, which hurts just as bad, but that's a different story for another time.

Then there's my father.