21- Truth or Dare?

Every single day of that winter break I spent with Jenny, Derek (who's been involved with us more), Sebastian, Azalea, and especially Alex. We ate together, watched movies together, listened to music together. We were all practically inseparable.

"Wanna play truth or dare?" Azalea asks when night in her basement when all the lights were out and we only had candles. We had pizza and we were just hanging out. Jenny and Derek went on a date, so it was Sebastian, Azalea, Alex, and me.

"Sure why not," Sebastian shrugs he leans against the couch as we all sit on the floor with the Christmas radio station playing in the background. "Alex, truth or dare?"

"Dare," Alex says with a smart-Alec smirk on his face.

"You have to eat a whole slice of pizza in thirty seconds," Sebastian says.

"That's stupid," Alex complains as he grabs a piece of pizza. Sure enough, he gets that thing down in twenty seconds.

"Ugh boys," Azalea whines with an upturned nose. "Um Aurora. We don't know a lot about you, like at all really. So.."

"We could like just cream you with questions?" Sebastian suggests and the others quickly agree.

"Fine," I sigh,"but I'm allowed to deny questions."

"Okay okay," Azalea says as she debates a question to ask. Her eyes light up and I can tell she has a good one. "Who was your first kiss?"

"Er- um..." I debate whether or not to tell them. "His name was Jack."

"Was he cute?" Azalea begs me to tell, obviously loving this.

"No, he was gross," I laugh, but frown just thinking about the memory.

"My turn to ask!" Sebastian yells.

"Are you a virgin?" he asks with a raised eyebrow.

I freeze and I feel like I could barf.

Azalea punches him and says,"You don't need to answer that. I mean like I haven't even done it-"

"What do you mean you haven't done it?" Sebastian yells at her, surprised that she hasn't.

"Just haven't found the one," she shrugs.

I finally look over at Alex and see him looking depressed and apart from the group. He needs to know the truth.

"You guys deserve to know the truth about this," I tell them and they all give me a surprised look. Alex looks at me finally, but I avoid his gaze, ashamed of it all.

"It was only once, and just so happened to also be Jack," I start, but quickly get interrupted.

"But you said he wasn't cute!" Azalea points out.

"How old was he, and how old were you at the time?" Alex asks, finally joining the conversation a little more.

"He was... older and it was about 4 months ago..." I tell them as I look at the ground.

"What the hell Aurora!" Alex yells at me as he sits up, looking angry. "How much older?"

"A lot..." I say sadly.

"That's so sick!" he screams at me, easily getting involved in this discussion and taking a side. "Why would you do such a thing?!?!"

I quickly stand up and walk across the room, breathing in and out trying to calm down. After I'm good I finally look back at Alex's furious face and admit something I've never told anyone. "Who said it was an option?"

"Oh my god..." Azalea says and I see tears form in her eyes.

"And you didn't tell anyone?" Sebastian asks me sadly, surprised by this.