33- Hickey?

Alex's POV

Aurora falls asleep in my arms fairly quickly. I just hold her in my arms for a couple minutes before I decide to bring her inside. She's such an idiot for only wearing spandex out here. I carry her inside and set her under the covers. I make sure she's perfectly situated, but I don't want to leave her.

I never lie to her when I tell her she's the most beautiful girl I have ever seen. Her wavy hair lays out perfectly across her pillow, her face looking so calm and perfect, even with the scars on it.

I finally grab the champagne bottle and glasses, shutting the window and the door behind me.

I mingle around the party, mainly talking to Azalea and Sebastian. The rich people, with their nice tuxes and dresses, are intimidating, and they look down at us as if we're still children. I try to avoid them the most I can.

Sebastian, Azalea, and I stay until everyone leaves. Once we are the only ones there and Azalea's parents have gone to bed, we decide we should probably be leaving soon. Sebastian's older brother picks him up around 2 in the morning, and Azalea and I hang out in the kitchen.

"What did you think of Aurora tonight?" Azalea asks as she eats some pancakes. I really don't think she plans on sleeping. She doesn't look the least bit tired.

I groan. "Please stop dressing her. Like... I'm dead serious."

"What do you mean?"

"You know what I mean," I sigh. "She looks beautiful all the time and, ugh she is just so amazing. And then you go around dressing her like a princess and it just kills me more because she is just so god damn beautiful I can't take this anymore."

"You soooo like her!" Azalea says with a big smile, like she's been predicting this for the longest time.

"So what if I even do?" I question. "She'll never like me like that . . ."

"And how would you know, if you don't ever ask her how she truly feels?" Azalea asks, and I swear I'm going to punch her if she keeps talking.

Before I can even begin to yell at her, I hear a scream coming from upstairs. I begin to run towards the noise because I swear it sounded like it was coming from Aurora, but Azalea catches me by the arm and stops me.

"It happens every night," she whispers to me. "Sometimes it's your name even. There's nothing you can do. She'll be up for a while longer then go back to sleep."

"Have you tried to help her?" I ask kind of rudely, but I have the right to for having my best friend scream every night. "Why haven't you ever told me about this?"

"She didn't want me to," she says as she looks down at the ground. "She's ashamed for screaming every night and didn't want anyone to know. I've tried to help, but she tells me she'll be okay and forces me to leave. I have no choice but to leave her."

"I need to-"

"You can't do anything for her!" Azalea tries to tell me, but I don't care.

"I am not going to stand here while she is up there suffering from her own mind," I tell her firmly and she releases her grip on my arm. "I need to try."

Azalea nods her head in understanding and lets me walk up the stairs. I slowly open the door, hoping that she went back to bed. I walk in to her dark bedroom and immediately hear quiet music playing.

When he opens his arms and holds you close tonight

It just wont feel right

Cause I can love you more than this