Chapter 10

Comment, vote and DON'T forget to stay hydrated🙈

Jacob's p.o.v

As I make my way to school I struggle to keep the thoughts of everything that happened these past days out of my head. It was my first time communicating with other students and I can't help but think that I blew it. The girls were sharing their thoughts about new brands and make-up and I've never been more confused in my life. I couldn't understand one thing so I just blabbered nonsense from time to time to keep them aware of my presence.

People somehow forget about me after a while and it's horrible but that's something I'm most definitely used to.

Instead of being in the squad permanently, I was given a week to hang out with them and I feel the need to prove to them that I'm capable of being their friend. Iv'e been trying my hardest to impress them not only with the clothes I wear but also how I respond to certain questions they ask. They seem to be always right.

One of the many things I've noticed about these girls is that they speak awfully a lot about men. Men they were with, men they want to be with and I'm the least adequate in their list. My thoughts of possibly being with one of them was shattered.

They only needed my agreement in belittling their ex-boyfriends or people that they are seeing. I didn't need an explanation to know that they do more than just see the guys because of the way they proclaim it.

~

I park my car and make my way into the school. I walk as close to the wall as possible to avoid contact with anyone. One thing I've learned since getting out of the library at lunchtime is that these students are always angry in the morning.

There's a quite noticeable change in the way I'm being treated. Yesterday when I parted ways with my bullies the only reaction I got was a glare from Justin. Everyone else was minding their business. I felt relief wash over me and this is the very first time I'm happy about being forgotten by anyone.

Getting closer to my locker I could see Draya standing by my locker. An overwhelming feeling wash over me and suddenly I'm nervous making my hands clammy.

"Jerome" she yells from across the room when she sees me and pulls me into a hug when I'm close enough leaving me bewildered of her kind gesture. This has never happened before.

"What's wrong" she aks chewing on her gum as usual.

"Nothing at all Draya, it's nice to see you" I say biting my lips out of nervousness.

"I know it is, anyways you're sitting with us today?" She asks looking into a small mirror and I nod rapidly.

"I would like that" I say excitedly. It's always nice to know that I have others who are not imaginary to sit with.

"I bet you would, look I don't mind that you're trynna be cool with us but I just do-" and she was cut off leaving me curious about where this was leading to.

"Bitch, you're not going to believe this" Abigail says coming out of nowhere.

"Enlighten me" Draya replies and they look at each other as if they're speaking telepathically.

"Ooooh bitch let me fix myself" Draya says loudly cupping her chest and I look away while Abigail is squealing like a little girl.

"Hi Abigail" I say trying to catch her attention but she doesn't reply and I quickly put my hand down out of embarrassment.

"They're coming, they're coming" Abigail says flipping her hair and claps her hand.

"Don't act too thirsty, he'll notice" Draya says and I turn around to open my locker because this once again is a conversation I don't understand.