17. Because I like my best friend a lot

This was the day.

Taehyung was waiting outside his art class with his friends to see if he got a good grade in his painting project from last week.

Jimin was feeling embarrased because all his friends decided to come to see how Taehyung's project resulted. Jimin didn't wat them to see the painting of Jimin in underwear and his blushed face. He didn't want anyone to see it.

The art class door finally opened and Mr. Lee showed his eyebrows furrowed. Taehyung's once happy face turned into worry.

"Did I fail it?" He asked in worry. All his group of friends looked in shock.

Mr. Lee shook his head. "No, Taehyung. I remember your painting very well. I watched it everyday for this week. You didn't fail it."

"T-Then what happened?"

"Someone stole it."

"What?"

"Someone stole it yesterday. We're still looking for it, but I think we won't be able to give it back to you, Taehyung." He sighed. I'm really sorry this happened. The good news is that you have one of the highest grades."

"B-But why would someone steal it?" Jimin asked in horror.

"We don't know, but we will do anything to find out."

The group walked towards the cafeteria, trying to cheer Taehyung up.

"I mean, at least you got one of the highest grades." Jungkook pat Taehyung's back and they all agreed.

"I still wonder what you painted." Jin added. "Wanted to see it so bad."

But they didn't have to wonder for too long. When they finally entered the cafeteria, they heard the commotion from all the students and many teachers and janitors trying to calm them down and grabbing a lot of papers from the students.

"What's going on? Hoseok asked.

"Isn't that Jimin hyung?" Jungkook asked in horror.

Jimin gasped when he saw what those papers were. Everyone had a sheet with Jimin's face printed on it. But the picture was of Taehyung's painting.

Jimin felt his whole world falling. Everyone was watching him only in underwear. But there was something worse.

Jimin picked up one of the sheets and read out loud "Slut."

His eyes got teary when he saw that Taehyung was walking furiously towards their table. There it was. The real painting was there and the word slut was added in red spray all over Taehyung's work.

Taehyung took the painting in his trembling hands and felt the need to destroy what once loved. They had ruined it. They ruined Jimin's precious face, his hooded eyes were still visible, but the red letters were more prominent than Jimin himself. Taehyung turned around to see Jimin, but the blond was already reaching the doors.

"Jimin, wait!" Taehyung yelled, but he ignored his friend.

_______

Jimin was running as fast as he could. When he arrived his home, he struggled putting the key inside and opening the door. His legs were wobbly when he ran upstairs. He plopped on his bed and cried until his sobs were heard in the entire house. But no one was there to hear.

He didn't remember when he fell asleep, but he woke up by the sound of someone knocking furiously on the door.

He didn't want to open it, but something changed his mind.

"Jimin, open up. It's me." He heard Taehyung.

He ran to open the door and cried in Taehyung's chest. Taehyung carried Jimin's fragile body in his arms and closed the front door with his foot. He took Jimin to his bed again.

Taehyung's heart broke when he saw Jimin's eyes. He was still crying and hugging Taehyung for dear life.

"Why are they so mean?" Jimin whispered through sobs. "I've done nothing wrong!"

"Y-You haven't baby. But they will pay for this. I'll find out who did this and I'll make sure they-"

"No." Jimin cried. "I don't want you to do this anymore. I just want this to stop." Jimin sat up. "I don't want to go to school anymore."

Taehyung sighed. "Me neither, baby. I wouldn't handle someone making you suffer again."

"I'll drop out of school." Jimin stated.

Taehyung was sure he was saying it in the heat of the moment, but at the same time he was sure that if Jimin dropped out of school, he would do the same just to be with him.

"Come on, baby. Let's take a shower." Taehyung carried Jimin again and placed him in the bathtub after preparing the water.

"Come in with me." Jimin asked. His voice was still cracked.

Taehyung didn't hesitate when he took off his clothes just like Jimin. He got in the water with his friend on the other side of the tub, facing Jimin.

"Let's do this quick. Someone might come." Said Taehyung.

"I don't care anymore." Jimin sniffled. "If my parents find out, I will not care."

Taehyung chuckled at his friend's cuteness. "And what would you say to them then?"

"That I wanted to take a shower with my best friend." Jimin answered as he moved forward, getting closer to Taehyung's face, some water splashing out of the tub in the process, but they couldn't care less.

"What are you do-"

"And that I wanted to kiss my best friend." Jimin leaned to kiss Taehyung's lips, taking him by surprise.

"That I wanted my best friend to touch me in ways no one has done." Jimin straddled Taehyung and guided his hands to roam all over his soft skin. Taehyung gulped down, not knowing what was going on.

Both of them were breathing heavily.

"Because I like my best friend a lot." Jimin concluded as he buried his face in Taehyung's neck and peppered him with kisses.

Everything about this was so tender. Taehyung wished he could live in that moment forever. Holding Jimin's body, worshiping him, loving him. Just the two of them forever.

"Jiminie." Taehyung groaned when he felt Jimin wiggling above him. The water splashing out of the bathtub.

"Taehyungie." Jimin moaned as he wrapped his hands around Taehyung's neck to still himself because he felt as if his body would give in. "I think I'm gay." Jimin whispered in a moan as he held Taehyung tight to his body.