23. Jungkook's purpose in life

"Jungkook!" Yoongi called the younger, but he just kept running. "Jungkook, come here. We need to talk."

"I need to go with Jungkook." Jimin said as he ran after Jungkook, who was running back to his own home after Hoseok left.

Taehyung grabbed his wrist, worried because of Jimin's teary eyes. There was something wrong. "No, come with me. We need to talk too."

"I need to go with him. Let me go." Jimin almost sniffed and Taehyung finally let go of his hand.

When Jungkook arrived home, he was panting and also crying. Jimin noticed he couldn't breathe properly when he closed the front door and saw Jungkook falling on the couch.

He looked like a mess.

Jimin felt really bad after everything that happened. Watching his friend fighting was heartbreaking, but watching Jungkook crying was worse. Jimin sat down next to Jungkook and lifted Jungkook's head for a second just to drop it on Jimin's lap. Jimin began stroking Jungkook's soft hair, trying to calm him down.

"Jiminie..." Jungkook sniffed again.

"Shhh, it's ok." Jimin reassured him.

"It's not. I ruined everything. Neither Hoseok nor Yoongi will talk to me ever again."

"Yoongi wants to talk to you."

"Just to talk this out, but after that nothing will be the same." Jungkook covered his face and cried a little more. "I always wondered if Yoongi was so oblivious to ignore my feelings, but according to what Hoseok said, Yoongi always knew I liked him... but he doesn't like me back."

"Hey, stop overthinking. It won't solve anything." Jimin kept brushing Jungkook's hair. "It will mortify you even more. Let's just try to forget everything until you're calmed. Let's talk about something else, we don't want you to have a panic attack, so please take deep breathes, Kookie."

Jungkook nodded. He had never had a panic attack or anxiety or anything. He didn't know what it felt like and he wasn't planning on experiencing it any time soon, so he just obeyed Jimin and took some deep breathes. "Is this what you do when you have panic attacks?"

"Yeah, this is what you have to do, but in the moment you just forget or it seems like the hardest thing to do." Jimin said. "Sometimes when people tell you to just take deep breathes doesn't help, though."

"What else do you do when you have one?"

"Taehyung makes me count." Jimin suddenly remembered and told Jungkook about all the times Taehyung was there, talking to him softly and grabbing his hands, counting until ten, then to twenty, then to thirty. The number increased when Jimin had sever attacks. But he always calmed down and Taehyung was always there. Taehyung didn't care if he had to count to three thousand if it meant Jimin would calm down again.

Jungkook sniffed again and that made Jimin realize he was still crying while Jimin was talking about Taehyung. "I wish I had someone like him." Jungkook cried.

Jimin's heart sank, hearing the pain in his voice. "Well, not exactly like him. Don't get jealous." Jungkook joked and they both laughed a little. "I mean, I wish I had something like you two have."

"You will, eventually. You just have to find the right person." Jimin caressed his cheek.

"I always thought that all of the right person bullshit was just a lie." Jungkook confessed. "But when I look at you and Taehyung together, I believe in it again."

Jimin felt himself blushing because now it was very obvious that Taehyung and Jimin were something. But what exactly were they?

"Stop." Jimin smiled softly.