meteor shower

i walked over to the trampoline and jumped up. there were blankets scattered everywhere, the slight light shining on our faces.

"c'mere." he grabbed my hands and pulled me over to where he was. "you did great today." 

we settled on a pile of pillows and pulled the blankets over us. i cuddled up next to him as we watched the sky. 

"thank you." i said. "have you figured out what you want to do for college?"

"no...an arts school perhaps. or football. i'm still choosing."

"well there's the curtis institute of music. or ohio state for football." i said. 

they'd be going to different states in only a couple of months...could they still work?

"yeah. i don't know...we'll see. but for now, we're here, and the meteor shower is starting." he looked down at me. "you look gorgeous right now."

"and you look sexy as fuck." i leaned to kiss him.

our lips brushed, then we started to kiss. his hand traveled to my face to hold it. the kiss was full of need...but not a sexual kind. my lips parted and our tongues started to wrestle.

it was like we had never kissed before; like we had been waiting for it forever.

i moaned against his lips. "why are you such a damn good kisser?"

he smiled, eyes still closed. "please, you don't know what you're like. it's hard not to tear off your clothes when you kiss me like that." he opened his eyes, took his finger and moved a piece of hair out of my face. "i can't believe you're actually mine."

"i can't believe you actually like me."

he smiled. "kenz, i've had a crush on you since the first day of ninth grade. you walked in with those cute overalls and i just couldn't get you out of my mind."

i was shocked. "really?" he nodded. "well, i feel bad about this, but i kind of thought you were annoying, and i wanted nothing to do with you. 

"well, right now, you don't feel that way, huh?"

i shook my head. "no baby, i don't. you're worse." i giggled.

"oh really?" he grabbed my waist and pulled me completely against him. "i guess i'll have to change your mind." he started to kiss my neck, then started scattering kisses all over my body.

"you're annoying."

"you love me."

we stared at each other. "i do. i love you."

"i love you too."

he leaned in to kiss me one last time before we started to watch the shower together.

and we laid there all night; staring up at the sky, watching the shooting stars race.