kenzie's boyfriend

my phone started to ring. it was midnight and i was finishing an assignment that was due tomorrow. i checked the caller id and it was johnny; he usually didn't call this late.

"hey john? what's up?"

i heard heavy breathing and then he spoke. "kenz, i-i need to come over. some shit went on with my family."

i nodded even though he couldn't see. "of course, no one's home tonight so just knock on the door."

he agreed and hung up.

i was concerned about what was happening.

after a couple of minutes, i heard his car pull into the driveway and i ran downstairs.

he stumbled over to me and i could tell he was drunk.

"john, what the hel-" his lips were on mine as he leaned on me for support. i pushed him off of me. "let's go inside."

i brought him up to my room and we sat in my bed. 

"before i explain, i need some clothes." i looked at his clothes and they were soaked with what seemed like vodka.

i nodded and went over to the drawer that i left just for him, knowing that he gives me clothes and leaves them here all the time.

i brought out a pair of grey sweatpants and a hoodie and passed them to him.

"i-i need help, k-henzie." 

"damn, you're really drunk, aren't you?" i shook my head. "john, what's wrong?"

he got up and pulled down is soaked shorts, which was odd for him to be wearing in the middle of winter, and put on the sweatpants.

next he took of his wet shirt but didn't put on the sweater; he just stayed shirtless and sat across from me.

"i was at hayden's, some of the boys and i were playing video games, when a group of girls showed up with alcohol. i tried to leave, but they wouldn't let me. they practically stuck the damn bottle down my throat. i was going to call you to come get me, because i didn't wanna drive under the influence, but then this girl started talking about you, and..."

i grabbed his face. "what, john? you can tell me."

he nodded. "well she started to say how you, uh, had sex with jacob sartorius a couple of weeks ago."

"that isn't true, what the fuck? he tried to sexually assault me." i was angry at that girl and jacob.

"yes, i know, kenz. but then i went up to her to defend you, and she started saying shit about how you've given blowjobs to half the guys in the school. me being dumb, and being effected by the alcohol, i believed her. i'm so sorry kenz. i know that you would never."

i nodded. who was telling people things like this? i had only ever kissed two guys; joey and john!

"but, uh, yeah. i started to drink more and more and got super drunk, and i finally went home in a cab. my mom and i got into this huge fight. i just needed to get out of there." his eyes started to water; i had never seen him cry and it made me sad that he felt like that.

"john, it's gonna be alright. parents are really hard to deal with sometimes, but they love us. she loves you. remember that. and you can stay the night if you need to." i ran my hands through his hair. 

"thank you kenz. for everything." we laid down, his arms around my torso, my hands playing with his hair, his head on my stomach. i could feel his tears seep through my tank top and onto me, and i could feel him moving due to his sobbing.

we laid there the whole night. just a simple, platonic, comforting gesture. 

"mackenzie!"

i jolted up and i accidentally moved johnny, so i got up and tried not to wake him. someone was outside my door; and i knew who it was. 

she bursted through my door before i could even get to it and she smiled.

"mads!" i smiled nervously. hopefully she doesn't notice a half-naked johnny laying on my bed. hopefully.

she smiled and grabbed me to take me in for a hug. 

we hugged for a couple of seconds.

"uh, kenz." she whispered. she saw him. "WHY IS THERE A HALF NAKED JOHNNY ORLANDO ON YOUR BED?" 

i turned around and saw that he had woken up, and he looked startled.

he got up and stood beside me. "uh, hi. you must be maddie. i'm john, kenzie's boyfriend."