Chapter One

Dawn's P.O.V

I felt a slight shift in the mattress next to me. I turned over as my eyes adjusted to the dark and looked at his toned back. The way his shoulder blades push together as he slipped one of his arms into his shirt made me melt inside.

"Where are you going?" I smiled at him as I gripped the covers and pulled them up while moving to sit up.

He turned his head half way to look over his shoulder and flashed me a smile before turning back. He finished putting on his shirt and began to button it up. He had already had his pants on, which I hadn't noticed at first. How long had he been up?

He crawled on the bed and kissed my cheek. "Go back to sleep Dawn. The room is paid up all the way through the morning." He crawled back off the bed as he tucked in his shirt  and grabbed his shoes.

"What do you mean?" I raised an eyebrow and watched as he slipped them on.

He chuckled in response and grabbed his tie and jacket. Slinging his jacket over his shoulder, he headed to the door. I got up quickly and wrapped the cover around my body while running to him.

"Erik," I said as he put his hand on the door knob and he turned around to look at me.

He exhaled loudly and shook his head. "Dawn. You're killing me babe. I was trying to make this easy on you."

I looked at him confused before realizing what he meant. "Oh. So, this was a one-night-stand? Correct?" 

"It took you a minute, but now you understand." Erik ruffled my hair and turned the knob.

"So the date.. It was just to get me in bed?" I said as I gripped the sheet tighter and looked down at the ground.

I heard the lock connect back to it hold and looked up at him. He seemed irritated, but at the same time calm.

He took my other hand and lead me to the couch that was in the room. We both sat down on it and he ran a hand down my cheek.

"Dawn. I enjoyed the date, it was very sweet. But you must understand, that's us." He gestured to himself than to me. "We won't work. This is reality. Not some dumb book written to touch the heart. I am a fit business man that is eligible. You're a plus size secretary that hardly ever gets noticed. It will never work. "

I bite my bottom lip and looked away for a moment as I felt tears starting to form in my eyes.

"Don't cry. You'll find someone, and trust, I am honored to be your first." He caressed the back of my hand with his thumb causing me to look at him. "But I'm not in love with you. I will never be in love with you. You were just something to mark off my buckle list."

I felt a sting in my heart and I nodded before getting up, grabbing my clothes off the floor I ignored his eyes that watched me as if satisfied with my moves.

Going into the bathroom, I turned on the shower and got in. I washed off everything that I just heard, I just did... I wished it was a dream, but I knew as soon as I stepped out the bathroom that I would have to face what just happened.

I stepped out the shower and turned it off, then started to dress myself in the things I had worn last night. Walking towards the door I slowly opened and let the cold air hit me in the face. The smell of sex was still in the room and I hated it.

I hated it because it was a mixture of us. Him and me. Him on me. Him inside me. It disgusted me so I grabbed the rest of my stuff and walked out the room, going to the elevator, I pressed the down button and waited for it to open.

When it did I gladly got in and pressed the lobby button while slipping on my shoes. I waited patiently for the door to open and when it did I bolted out and headed for the front door. As soon as I got outside it hit me, it was only a little after 3 A.M. probably.  I shook my head and began to walk towards my apartment, it wasn't on the bad side of New York City but it wasn't on the good side either.

When I finally reached it my feet were hurting so I quickly walked up the stairs and got my keys out, unlocking the front door, I walked up 3 flights of stairs until I got to my apartment and unlocked it then went inside.

I went directly to my bedroom and collapsed onto it, I was tired. Mentally. Emotionally. I didn't want to do anything, but sleep and since it was the weekend I could. I wouldn't have to go into work for the next two days.