sixteen - definitely a father's daughter

While Dad flew the quinjet I sat on the floor next to him, trying to mentally prepare myself for this fight against these assassins.

The last time I saw their faces were when I was back in the fifties. I remember the moment perfectly.

You never forget those near death moments.

Dad moved his hand on the side that I was on and rubbed my head, he knows I'm scared.

If I have learned anything about parents, they always know...it's like they have eyes in the back of their heads. I thought Peggy did.

She always corrected me in the best way she could, she never laid a finger on me if I was in trouble, it was always time-out or some form of chores.

Unlike those people who had me before, they don't deserve to be named. If I made a sound I would be beaten and dragged into the dirty bathroom.

I shuddered, maybe It's best I don't think about that.

I closed my eyes and leaned my head into the side of the seat, I have a fear like I won't see my Dad again.

Being pulled away back in Berlin absolutely hurt me. That's my worst fear now, a fear I never though I had to worry about.

Think about it. I have never been alone, I've always have had someone one to be the figure I needed.

But Dad was the one I alway wanted.

Flashback.

I walked out of my bedroom to look for Peggy, she gave me some new coloring stuff because I old stuff was getting empty and well...old.

"Mo- Peggy, I need some ideas." I looked around.

She was sitting on the couch looking through some papers on the coffee table. Ah finally.

"What do you need dear?" Her very soft, kind voice asked.

"I ran out of ideas...for art." I put my stuff down beside the her papers.

"Why don't you look out the window and draw some people you see?" She pointed.

I shook my head. "They never stay still...oh why don't you tell me what my daddy looks like?" I pulled out a black pencil.

She blinked for a minute then smiled at me. "Okay he was...well he wasn't always tall but after- Oh he's tall."

I nodded, and drew the little stick figure I'm good it. It's not a sloppy figure but I hope I get better, I'm only seven.

"He has very beautiful blue eyes...the same eyes you have." She pointed at my face.

I smiled, my eyes lit up as I colored in the eyes.

"He had blond hair, a very pretty smile-" she was going to finish but there was a knock on the door.

"Miss Peggy, It's urgent." I heard a british voice.

Peggy got up and walked over to the door, I still was sat down with my pencils in my hands.

"Mister Jarvis, you could have called-"

He whispered something in her ear and her eyes widened.

I know what this means, she's going to go on a other business trip. Peggy nodded to him and walked over to me.

"Your babysitter will be here soon. Go stay in your room until she gets here."

"Yes ma'm." I listened and picked up my coloring stuff.