a night to remember

after school

-

"wait so he asked you if you guys could go to dinner together?!" karen said excitedly. "basically, yeah! he did!" joyce squealed. "omg joyce this is huge! that was totally his way of asking you on out your first date together!" "i know!!!" "we have to get you all glammed up, okay?! ahhhhh!!" karen said, leaping into her arms. "here, let's start with makeup. which color of lipstick?" karen asked. joyce pointed to a rose color. "good choice! here, let me help you with your foundation before we put the lipstick on!"

"geez, i can't believe this is happening!" joyce cried. "i know! about time, right?" she laughed. "shut up, karen!" "seriously! he could've asked you a longgggggg time ago." after karen gave joyce a full face of makeup, she started with her hair. luckily for joyce, karen's mom was a hairstylist, so karen knew all about hair. "so what were you thinking for your hair?" "probably just a wavy type of thing, not too fancy, i can't look desperate, right?" karen nodded. "even though you are-" she muttered under her breath. joyce rolled her eyes.

"geez, i want your hair!" karen whined, running her fingers through the brunette's hair. joyce laughed. "no you don't. it's always so knotty." "it might be, but it's beautiful! seriously, you're so lucky to look this pretty." karen exclaimed. "what? karen, i'm not pretty." she said. "joyce are you kidding?! you know how many people have a crush on you?! hopper is one lucky guy if he can get you, and i mean that." karen finished her hair. "so, how do you like it?" she asked. "oh my gosh it's awesome! thank you karen thank you thank you thank you!!" joyce said giving her a tight hug. "go get em girl!" karen shouted.

later that night

-

knock knock knock. joyce ran downstairs as fast as she could. "joyce?! who is that?" she heard her mom yell. "its just hopper mom!" joyce yelled back. joyce opened the door and saw hopper standing there. god, he looked so...hot. "wait no he can't look hot, he's my best friend! what are you doing joyce?" joyce thought to herself. she just stood there for a couple of seconds. "hi." hopper said. joyce finally came back to reality. "hi hopper, sorry about that." she said closing the door. "just staring into space i guess." hopper laughed. "so. where do you wanna go?" he asked. "wherever you want is fine, i don't really have a preference." "we could go to burger king and then just sit on my car and eat...only if you want." "sure." joyce said smiling. "that sounds good."

at burger king

-

"you want a bacon burger right?" hopper asked while standing in line for food. "yes! you know me so well." she said laughing. "just go wait in the car joyce, i'll get it for you." "really? you sure? it's probably going to be a lot to carry, right?" hopper laughed. "you're so adorable. it's not gonna be that much, i can handle it." hopper teased. "fine." joyce said laughing as she headed back to the car. 

he was gonna ask her. tonight.

as she sat on the roof of the car after a few minutes, she watched hopper run towards her with the food. "miss me?" he asked. "no. it was actually quiet for once, kinda nice." joyce teased. hopper laughed and rolled his eyes. "what'd you get?" she asked. "just a cheeseburger with tomato's and lettuce." he said sitting on the car. "like always." he said looking up at her. god, those big blue eyes. "so, you excited for summer?" joyce asked, taking a bite of her burger. "hell yes! i'm so done with school. jesus, thank god we only have two more years left." "um...college hop." "oh yeah, right." he said laughing and rolling his eyes. joyce laughed too. there was a moment of silence between them. it was like something had taken over their minds. they just stared into each other eyes. "uh...j-joyce?" hop asked. "yeah?"