russia.

two days later at the airport

-

"alright, we have no suitcases, and four carry on's." said joyce, handing her tickets to the airport security man. el looked all around the airport. she had never been to an airport before, or on a plane for that matter. she couldn't believe how big it was, and how many people there were walking around. she'd never seen so many people in her entire life! everyone around her was in a different mood. some people look frustrated, some people look calm, some people looked angry. el really loved observing people's facial expressions. "okay guys, lets go." joyce said as they went through airport security. they were going to find hopper. today.

as they boarded the airplane, all of them looked for places to sit. the airplane was surprisingly full, which is weird since they were going to russia. will sat with el, jonathan sat with joyce. "good afternoon ladies and gentlemen this is your captain speaking. today we are going to be flying nonstop to kamchatka, russia for approximately 12 hours." the captain said as they prepared for lifting off. el suddenly got really scared. "hey el, you okay?" asked will nervously. "i've never...taken off... on an airplane before." el answered shaking. will reached for el's hand as the plane raised up into the clouds. "it's okay. i got really scared my first time too. i've only been on a plane once though. but i think it's really cool. you can look outside and see all the clouds! honestly, i've always wondered what clouds feel like. are they fluffy? when you touch them do they just dissolve? i don't know!"

el laughed. "and guess what? the plane just took off." will said. "what?" el asked. " i talked to you to make the time go by faster." said will with a laugh. "thanks." she said smiling.

outside of the airport, after the flight

-
"okay, murray told me that there was some kind of tunnel leading to where the prison in russia is." joyce said, holding up a blueprint of the prison as they stepped outside the airport. "a tunnel?" jonathon asked. "yes, a tunnel. it's basically the route that all the security guards get in and out of the place. only they know about it." "what are we gonna do mom, how are we gonna get to hopper?" will asked. "dr. owens gave all of us a russian officer uniform. we have to get to the tunnels, sneak around the prison, get hopper, and end this. once and for all." said joyce.

the russian prison-
"you got your uniform on yet?" joyce asked jonathon. "yup, all ready." "o-okay." joyce said with tears in her eyes. "mom, it's gonna be okay." said will trying to reassure her. "i know." said joyce with a shake. they began walking past all of the prison cells. they walked up the stairs, and down the stairs, and up the stairs again. they walked for nearly 30 minutes. "geez, how many people are in this place?!" joyce asked. "quiet down mom, people might hear you!" whispered jonathon. they walked past more cells and more cells. "el." said someone from one of the prison cells. "dad?" el turned around.

there he was.

el screamed and fell to the floor in a puddle of tears. jonathon unlocked the cell with a special tool and smiled. hopper ran to el, picked her up, and hugged her so tight. "it-it's really you. you're really here." el managed to say through tears. "i am. and so are you." said hopper with tears streaming down his face. "i thought i'd never see you again." hopper said. "i've missed you...so much." el said with a laugh. "i've missed you too kid." "i got your messages. the visions that you sent me." said el with a smile. "i know. i'm so proud of you." said hopper, giving her the longest hug ever. "will, jonathon!" he said, grabbing both of them and pulling them into a hug. "hi hopper." will said with a smile. will and jonathon moves out of the way to reveal joyce, who had tears streaming down her face.

"j-joyce." said hopper. "hi hop." joyce managed to say. hopper ran over to joyce quickly, picked her up, and kissed her. he finally kissed her. all of the kids' jaws fell in the floor.

he felt the same way. she hid it for so long from him, afraid of what he might say, and afraid he might not feel the same. but he did. he did feel the same. after all this time of not believing, and not having any hope, he was alive. she had been in such a dark place, she did not know what to do, she didn't want to be alive, she had nothing to live for anymore. she never thought that he would come back. she thought he was gone forever. "joyce...i-i love you. i always have." hopper said. joyce smirked at him. "i know hop.... i know." she said smiling before kissing him again.

a/n i'm so sorry this chapter is so short i just kinda wanted to get this over with and then move to when hopper comes back haha