i know, he told me.

two days later

-
joyce sat in her room, wandering through her mind of what she should do and how she should tell the kids. how on earth was she supposed to tell them?! what do you say: "guess what, your dead father is alive" ?! joyce finally walked downstairs and made the kids dinner.

"will, el, jonathan, come eat!" joyce yelled from the other room. jonathon had just come to georgia last night for the holidays with his family. "coming!" will and el said as they ran into the kitchen chasing each other. jonathon ran after them. "what are we having tonight mom?" el asked. "well, tonight, i decided to make your favorite. pasta, steak, and mashed potatoes!" joyce said as she put their plates on the table. "why are you being so nice to us, what did we do?" will said laughing. joyce laughed. "you didn't do anything, i just need to... talk to you guys."

 "uh...oh...i'm scared..." el said quietly laughing. all of them sat down. "so, i was just talking to murray the other day, you remember him?" "you mean the bald eagle?" jonathon giggled. "yes, bald eagle." joyce said rolling her eyes. "what about him mom?" el asked as she took a bite of her mashed potatoes. "um...murray said that he was talking to will's old doctor, dr. owens, remember him?" el nodded. "so dr. owens has been informed by some uh...some people...that um..." "just spit it out mom!" will cried.

joyce's eyes became watery and she covered her mouth. "um..." she started to say. "el, honey, um...he said that..." joyce looked into el's eyes and took her by the hands. "dr. owens said that your dad...your dad is alive. he's in russia."

el's face turned pale and she turned away from joyce.

"i know. h-he told me." el whispered.

a/n: oh my goodness i am so overwhelmed and grateful and surprised about how much love this story is getting from so many jopper fans!! thank you, each and every one of you who has supported me throughout this story so far, it means so much to me and makes me feel so happy. i promise i will continue writing this story for a long time, and make new stories after this one!! i am just so glad you all love it you have no idea!! so thank you, so much