shopping and football

a week later

-
all of the other families had left and went back to hawkins, and everyone was super excited about joyce and hopper's engagement. ever since they got engaged, joyce, hopper, jonathan, will, and el have been going out for family dinners and having family movie and game nights every single night. they were really beginning to feel like a family.

"jonathon, el, will, come on, wake up." joyce said as she knocked on each one of their doors. they all opened their doors and rubbed their eyes. "why are you getting us up so early mom?" will yawned. "it is not early, it's 11:30!" said joyce. "that's early!" will replied. joyce rolled her eyes. "i woke you guys up because hop and i have decided that it would be good if you boys hung out with him for the day, and i hung out with el for the day. just so we can get closer with one another before the wedding." "that sounds awesome!" el said jumping up and down. she really loved spending time with joyce. so much. "i think that hop is gonna take you boys out to some sort of football game, and i'll take el to the mall." "yes!" said el. ever since max took her to the mall this past summer, she's been up obsessed with it. she loves going to the mall and buying things and trying on new clothes.

"yeah that sounds fun." said jonathon. jonathon had been agreeing to everything his mother had asked him to do lately. she really, really deserves to be happy, and now she finally is. he really likes hopper, he thinks that he's perfect for her. he's so happy to see his mother happy; he can't remember the last time that she's been like this before hopper came back.

"alright guys, go get your clothes on and then we'll get ready to leave!" said joyce going down the stairs. el sprinted as fast as she could to her room and got in her clothes. she couldn't wait! she rushed downstairs with a toothbrush in her mouth and shoes in her hand. she went to finish brushing her teeth at the sink and tied her shoes as quickly as possible. "alright, lets go!" she shouted. joyce looked stunned that she did everything that fast. "okay!" answered joyce. they got into joyce's car and after a few minutes the boys got into hopper's car. today was going to be a very exciting day.

in joyce's car

-

"i'm so excited!" el said. "i know, so am i! i also heard that they have a lot of star wars merchandise at the mall, so that's gonna be perfect for you!" said joyce. joyce thought that she would have to explain to el what merchandise meant but she didn't. el knew what it was. it really showed how much el had grown within the past year. "what did you and max do when you went to the mall together?" asked joyce. "well, we shopped for clothes; i got the pretty rainbow dress that's in my room, we tried on heels and took photos at the photo booth, we got ice cream." el said smiling. joyce could see in el's eyes how much she missed hawkins. how much she missed her friends.

"well, we can do all those things and more." she said. el smiled at her.

el had been thinking about something for the past few days, but she never asked or told her parents about it. she was kind of scared to ask for some reason. she thought that maybe now she could finally get it off her chest. "hey mom?" el asked. "yeah?" "um...i've just been thinking about this for the past couple of days... but i didn't know what to say or how to ask you but...can you and hop have a...a baby?" she said, her face towards the window so joyce couldn't look at her. "a baby?" joyce asked.

"y-yeah. i just...thought it would be a good edition to our family...or something." she shrugged. "well uh...i haven't had a baby in 15 years and well...i'm just not sure my body could handle that. after i had will, i couldn't have another baby but maybe that's changed, i know it's possible... i certainly want to." joyce said with a smile. "okay." el nodded, smiling back. joyce really did want a baby; especially with hopper. but she just didn't know if she could.

in hopper's car

-

"so, have you guys ever been to a football game before?" hop asked will and jonathon. "only with mom. lonnie never took us." said jonathon. hopper didn't say anything. lonnie. who knew one word can make you feel so angry. "we've only been to one football game though, and i don't remember it that well...so it really means a lot that you're taking us." will said, smiling at him. "sure thing, kid." said hopper smiling back. "you know my daughter...sara...i used to take her to football games. she loved them. said she wanted to play football when she was older, even though it was more of a boys sport. then, around last year, i took el to a football game. she wasn't allowed to go out back then, but i asked dr. owens for just one day with her in public and he gave in. and now, now i'm taking you guys."

will smiled at hopper. he finally felt like he had a father. he'd never felt that way before. i mean of course he had bob, but he didn't like him all that much, not even close to how much he likes hopper. he finally felt like he had a family that was so connected, one that didn't have any problems. he finally felt...normal.

the mall

-

joyce pulled into a parking spot and her and el got out of the car. el looked up at the mall and saw a huge sign that read "springston mall". "wow, this looks even bigger than starcourt!" el said with the biggest smile on her face. it was, in fact, very big. so much bigger than starcourt. el ran as fast as she could to the main entrance, after looking both ways for cars of course. she pushed open the door to the mall, and looked all around the mall. it was so colorful; it had so many things to do and so many shops and businesses that she recognized from starcourt. orange julius, hot dog on a stick, the gap, the great cookie, claire's. joyce ran after her. "so, what do you wanna do first?" she asked. "clothes. definitely." el said, running into the gap.

the football stadium

-
hopper, jonathon, and will got out of the car

(you guys i have no idea what happened but the rest got deleted somehow idk when but it was a few hours after i published it i guess and i have no way to retrieve it so idk what im gonna do im so upset omg😭)

(but basically el and joyce had a fun time at the mall and went to the photo booth and did a funny photoshoot and got hot dogs, also el is joyce's maid of honor 🥺, and at the football game, will spilled ketchup and mustard and popcorn all over himself because he's stupid lol and he got a huge thing of blue cotton candy so his mouth was blue and he looked like a mess and then they all came home and had a movie night and ordered pizza)

if i ever find the rest somehow, i promise i will post it again :(