oops...

detention, later that day

-
"i apologize for yelling in class, i will not do it again."

joyce didn't even understand why she was here. she hadn't done anything wrong! all of it was chrissy's fault! all joyce did was call her out for all of the awful things that she said!so why was she getting punished?!

"i apologize for yelling in class, i will not do it again."

joyce wrote it over, and over, and over again on the chalkboard. that's what she had to do, until she reached 50 sentences. her hands were hurting, so she left the chalkboard, grabbed her water bottle, and took a sip.

"thanks joyce, i really appreciate that i am here on a friday afternoon writing the same words 50 times!" chrissy snapped. "you seriously think this is my fault? joyce said laughing. she went back up to the chalkboard and started writing again. "yes, it is your fault! you made me look terrible in front of everyone!" chrissy pouted. "you're crazy if you think that i did anything." joyce said rolling her eyes. 

after a few minutes, chrissy finished writing what she had to on the chalkboard, got her bag, and started to leave. "see ya chrissy." said joyce smiling a fake smile and waving. all chrissy did was roll her eyes.

monday morning

-
joyce tossed and turned all night. her stomach hurt, a lot. she woke up at 3 am to go to the bathroom, but that still didn't help anything. she couldn't go back to sleep, so she stayed up until 6 am and then walked slowly down the stairs into the kitchen. "mom, i don't feel so good." joyce said quietly. joyce's mom hates it when she gets sick, and joyce is always afraid that she is going to yell at her. because she always does. 

joyce's mom rolled her eyes. "seriously joyce? seriously? i have work!" "sorry mom, it's not my fault." joyce said putting her head down. "you weren't sick this weekend and that's when you were off, so why are you sick now?!" "i don't know mom, i can't just decide if i'm sick or not! it doesn't work that way!" joyce cried. "i can't just take off work whenever i want too joyce jesus! i'm not gonna wait on you hand and foot all day long! i don't care how sick you are, you're going to school!" her mother shouted. joyce knew it would end like this. it always does. joyce didn't wanna start an argument, so she grabbed an eggo and her book bag and opened the door to leave. "b-bye mom. have a great day." joyce said. she didn't say anything back.

somehow the school day flew by. her and chrissy turned in their project today, and of course chrissy got all the points that joyce did, even though she didn't do anything. joyce saw hopper occasionally in the hallways, and ate lunch with him and karen and all of his jock friends. it was like any other day. but throughout the day, joyce still felt sick. really sick. she didn't know what it was. then, she remembered something.

she was 5 days late.

"but that doesn't mean anything right?! shit i can't be pregnant..." joyce thought to herself. she was probably just scaring herself, it has to be nothing. but as the days passed, her stomach still hurt, and she was still late. one day after school she finally decided to go to the drugstore and buy....... a test.

(a/n: idk if they had pregnancy tests back then, they probably didn't, but let's just pretend they did lol)

joyce never thought she would be doing this. not until she was out of her parents house and married at least. joyce wasn't like this! she never has been!

joyce walked in the store, put some sunglasses on, grabbed a pregnancy test quickly, and walked to the cash register with her head down. and the person who was working at the cash register was of course chrissy carpenter. of all people. chrissy handed joyce her receipt and change. "have a nice day." chrissy said with a big wad of gum in her mouth. thank god joyce brought sunglasses.

joyce drove back to her house, her heart racing fast. she unlocked the door and ran to the bathroom and opened the test. she tried to calm herself down. "it's all right joyce, easy girl, it's nothing, you're going to be ok, you're not like this, everything's gonna be ok. nothing bad is going to happen. you're not gonna be pregnant. it's going to be negative. just breathe."joyce turned the test over, her hands shaking.

it was positive.

a/n: well