that's you, is it not?!

tw!!! talk of death, suicide, telling people to off themselves

two months later

-
school was finally back in session after an amazing long summer. of course no one was happy about it, it's school. the news about joyce and hopper spread like wildfire. i mean, it's high school, everything does. a lot of the boys were upset because they wanted joyce, and a lot of the girls were upset because they wanted hopper. but the most upset girl in the whole school was chrissy carpenter, the most popular girl at hawkins high. all of her "minions" (as people called them) tried to reassure her and calm her down. "you're much more pretty then her." "you've known him longer then she has, that's not fair!" "you're just too good for him." "he's just not the right one." every girl would try to help chrissy, mainly to become popular or to get on her good side. or both. chrissy loves attention. "all this week, everything that everyone has been talking about is them! joyce and hopper this, joyce and hopper that!" chrissy had continuously whined throughout the day. she put a note in joyce's locker that said:

"you are such an ugly slut and you don't deserve to live."

chrissy talked trash about joyce and hopper's relationship all day long. but little did she know, karen hid behind her and her "minions" and heard everything she said.

when the bell rang, joyce went to her locker to put some books away and grab a few things. she saw the note that chrissy left and crumpled it up and threw it on the ground. as she angrily slammed her locker shut after she had gathered everything, she saw hopper staring at her smiling. "jesus hop what the hell?!" she said laughing. he always cheered her up. "you scared the crap out of me!" she shouted. "sorry, it's just really hard to not see your beautiful face for two hours, you know?" hopper said. joyce blushed. hopper picked her up and kissed her "hopper! put me down, i gotta go to class!" joyce said playfully. "see ya soon." hopper said as he gave a wink and kissed her again. joyce smiled as she watched him leave. 

"joyce! thank god i found you, i really, really need to tell you something!" said a voice from behind her. joyce turned around. "oh hi karen! what's wrong?" "chrissy carpenter. i was spying on her and she said-" before karen could finish her sentence, they heard a yell from one of the classrooms. "joyce horowitz and and karen douglas, get to class, or detention for you both!" said mr. gertner peeking his face out the door. "yes sir." joyce mumbled. mr. gertner rolled his eyes and shut the classroom door. joyce headed for class. "joyce, this cant wait, it's really important-" "just tell me later karen, i gotta get to class, i'm gonna get in trouble. see you later!" said joyce as she ran to her classroom. karen sighed and headed the other direction.

now that joyce and hopper starting dating and all, joyce really didn't hang out with karen as much as she used to. all she talked about was hopper. never anything fun anymore. they didn't have sleepovers every weekend anymore, she was always on a date with hopper. karen always wanted them to get together, but now she sort of regrets wishing it. it's like she lost her best friend. she really doesn't know how to act when hopper is around, and every time she tries to talk to joyce, she ends up getting pushed away. karen was really frustrated and somewhat mad at joyce. she's never felt this way towards her before.

joyce walked into history class. she sat down in front of chrissy carpenter. joyce always tries her best to sit in front of the classroom, so she doesn't miss anything. but today she had to sit in the middle because she was a tad late, thanks to karen. she heard chrissy and her group of popular friends whispering. joyce knew it was about her. she couldn't hear what they were saying, but she just knew. thats how it always was. after a few minutes, joyce felt something hit her in the head. it was a rolled up piece of paper. joyce opened it up slowly, and as soon as she saw the words that were written on it, she regretted even opening it.

"if you died, no one would notice. and if they did, they wouldn't care. just kill your self already. you don't matter. you aren't worth it. no one loves you."

joyce felt her heart sank. the words settled in, and tears started swelling in her eyes. she tried so hard not to cry, but she just couldn't hold it back. joyce is really sensitive sometimes. she put her head down on the desk so no one could see her tears. things like this have been happening for the past couple weeks now, ever since the first day of school. and it's always the same person that does it.

"alright class, good morning." said mr. greyson, coming in the classroom and shutting the door. joyce wiped the tears from her eyes quickly and sat up. "today we are going to start on a group project that will be due within the next two weeks. it's going to be an in-class assignment, and you are going to be working together in pairs to create a project about an influential figure in american history and how they affected the world. you have to write 10 pages about the person you get assigned. this project is worth 100 points. and before you ask, i will be choosing your partners." the whole class groaned. mr. greyson began partnering people up. the final four came down to joyce, chrissy, a girl named susan, and a guy named john. "alright." mr. greyson began. "susan marko, you go with john peterson, joyce horowitz, you go with chrissy carpenter." chrissy seemed appalled, and her friends started laughing. joyce just rolled her eyes and sank down in her chair. oh, what fun this was going to be.

a week later

-
joyce and chrissy have been working on the project together for a while now. well, joyce has. chrissy hasn't really done anything but lay around. they were given abraham lincoln as their project topic. all chrissy would do is lean back in her chair, doodle in her notebook, and eat oreos as joyce did all the work. joyce went to the library after school last week and got every text book on abraham lincoln. chrissy hadn't got a single thing or written a single word for the essay. chrissy was so popular, that she felt like she didn't have to do anything. well joyce disagreed.

 "finished." joyce said proudly writing her final word on the essay. "holy shit, really?" said chrissy as she licked the icing off of her oreo and sat up. "yes, really. only you wouldn't know that, cause you don't do anything." joyce smiled a fake smile. "i just thought because you were such a nerdy asshole, you would want to do this project on your own." "well first of all, just because i like learning does not mean i want to do this on my own. mr. greyson called his a group project for a reason. and i don't think he'd be too pleased with hearing that you didn't contribute anything." joyce snapped. "oh really? i will happen to let you know, horowitz, that my mom is on the pta board of directors, unlike your mom cause she's a lazy ass alcoholic. my mom will be sure that won't happen. he'll never find out, and i'll get all of my credit."

"well what if someone tells him?" joyce asked, crossing her arms. "and who's gonna tell him? you?" chrissy replied as she flipped her hair back and laughed. the anger started to rise up in joyce. she couldn't take it anymore. joyce smiled sarcastically. "oh chrissy. i'm so sorry that i'm such a nerd. i'm sorry i'm so ugly and fat and my mom is a lazy ass alcoholic. maybe you're right, i should just go die! i could stab myself. or poison myself, or hang myself. there's a ton of other things i could do. i'm just such an ugly slut, and i don't deserve to live! i should kill my self already! because no one would care, right? that's what you always say. that's you, right? the one who leaves all of those notes in my locker, inside my desk, taped to my back, inside my textbook, on the roof of my car. thats you, is it not?!" joyce started to become louder and louder until the classroom went silent and everyone was staring at her. oh boy, what had she done.

a/n: the awakening of savage joyce we stannnnn lolsomething very interesting will happen in the next chapter, stay tuned!!😉