YES! ABSOLUTELY YES!

new years eve morning

-
"shit, shit, shit!" said hopper as he burnt the steak he was making. he's never been a good cook, he didn't even know why he was trying to cook anything. the other families left to stay at a hotel instead of their house, but joyce was hosting a new years eve party tonight. hopper threw away the burnt steak, got some raw meat from the refrigerator, and starting cooking again. 

joyce came up from behind him and hugged his waist. "how's it going mr. chef?" she asked. "looks like you've having a little bit of trouble with that steak there, huh?" she said with a laugh. "i just can't cook it without burning it!" said hopper. "honey, it's okay, everyone is probably gonna eat before they get here." joyce said. "i know i just..." "you just want to impress everyone by showing that you can cook even though you can't." she said with her hands on her hips. hopper looked at her for a second. "you know me so well..." he finally said. "i know." said joyce with a smile as she gave him a kiss. 

"anyway, i got to go to work but i'll see you tonight, okay?" she said. "alright." said hopper with frustration, trying to cook the steak again. "don't kill yourself from trying so hard!" she laughed. "bye sweetie." joyce said, heading out the door. hopper watched her go, and then called the kids downstairs. "el, will, jonathon, come here!" all three of them raced down the stairs "yeah dad, what's up?" asked el. "sit down." he said.

"are we in trouble?" will said sitting down. "no, i just...i wanted to ask you guys something..." said hopper. "okay...what is it?" el asked. "well uh...i've known your mom since i was really young and...and she really makes me happy. i want all of us, all five of us to become a family. i love your mom and each one of you so much and..." he pulled a box out of his pocket. "i uh...i want to ask your mother to...to marry me."

will and jonathon and el looked at each other in shock. "i wanted to make sure it was okay with you guys first..."

"are you kidding me?! of course it's okay!" will said giving him a big hug. "i knew this day would come!" el said jumping up and down. jonathon kept quiet. hopper looked at him."j-jonathon?" "shes just been so unhappy for so long and...and i think you really make her happy." said jonathon with a smile. hopper smiled back. "thanks, kid."

"so, when are you gonna propose to her?!" will asked. "that's a secret that all of you will have to find out..." hopper replied. "oh, come on! please tell us, please!" el exclaimed. hopper shook his head and laughed. "i want it to be a surprise for everyone." "is it soon though?!" asked will. "yes, yes it's soon." answered hopper. "yes!" said el. "now, whatever you do, do not tell your mother. i know how you two can sometimes spill secrets..." he said pointing to will and el. will and el looked at each and laughed. "we won't, i promise." will said with a smile.

seven hours later

-

"i'm home!" joyce shouted. el and will ran down the stairs. "oh hey mom." will said with a smirk. "hi mom." said el. "what's up with you two? you're acting weird..." said joyce. "oh...nothing." el said with a laugh. her and will ran off upstairs as joyce gave them a confused look. "hey joyce." hopper said, walking into the kitchen. "oh hi love!" said joyce. "we gotta get ready for tonight." she said, getting everything ready. hopper stared at her for a few seconds. "what are you doing?" she asked. "just looking at how beautiful you are." he replied. joyce blushed. "why are you all being so weird today?!" joyce asked. "oh, no reason." he said with a smirk.