he kissed her.

a few days later

-
"what?! you're pregnant?!" karen screamed. "karen! jesus, keep your voice down someone is gonna hear you!!" joyce said. "joyce i know you love hopper and all, but this is taking it tooooooooo far..." said karen crossing her arms and shaking her head. "karen you don't think i f*cking know that already?!" joyce shouted. "i mean, it might've happened to chrissy carpenter, we've all been thinking that since sixth grade, but not to you! definitely not to you! joyce i'm sorry but what the hell?!" "you sound just like my mother." joyce muttered as she rolled her eyes. "does she know?" "oh god no, you think i'd tell her?! she'd loose her mind! you're the only one i've told."

"n-not even-" "yeah, that's the next person i have to tell..." "he's the father, you should've told him first before anyone!" said karen. "i know but i'm just so stressed out, i needed to just tell you and only you. you always know what to do. i have no clue how to handle this and i've only known for three days and-and i'm already falling apart! i need you right now!" joyce said grabbing karen hands. karen looked down for a few seconds. "joyce, you're my best friend. we're going to do this together. i promise."

joyce was on the verge of crying. suddenly, joyce exploded into tears. "i just... i can't do this! i'm not ready! i'm not strong enough! i'm not good enough! i just can't do this!" joyce shouted through tears. karen slapped her. "what is the matter with you?! of course youre strong enough! of course youre good enough! dont you dare say you arent! youre joyce horowitz for crying out loud! you can do this! get yourself together!" karen yelled. joyce laughed and wiped away her tears. "i want you to go tell hopper." karen said. "now?" joyce asked. "yes now! face your fears! you've got this." joyce smiled at karen. karen always loved her; no matter what. she's such a great friend.

joyce saw hopper in the middle of the hallway with chrissy carpenter. huh, that's weird, why would he be talking to her? right when she was about to walk up to them, he...he kissed chrissy.

he kissed her.

joyce felt her heart sink and her stomach do a leap, and every emotion build up inside of her. everything went through her mind. all the memories that they had, all the laughs that they've shared, every smile, kiss, joke, sleepover, and date. and still, he kissed her.everything felt like it was falling. the world felt like it was sinking. she didn't know what to do, she didn't know how to react, she just felt...empty. she couldn't believe that hopper would ever do something like that. she ran back to karen with the barely any strength that she had left. she felt dizzy, her stomach hurt, she was sweating like crazy, and tears started flooding her eyes."joyce what's wrong? are you okay?" karen asked concerned. suddenly, joyce collapsed on the floor into a puddle of tears.