epilouge part 2 - family

a/n: young emma watson as audrey, jacob tremblay as connor, everleigh soutas as lucy

july 4th, 1999, nine years later (i had to do some math to figure out the year it would be haha)

this chapter was inspired by the last chapter in riptide, written by my biggest wattpad inspiration, the incredible GallifreyGod !!

also thank you ysabelle_312 for helping me with this chapter!!

-
-
-
-
-
"Audrey are you done frosting the cake?" Joyce asked Audrey. "Almost." Audrey replied as she finished applying the red icing on the American flag cake. "Done!" she said proudly. "Good, here I'll put it with all the other desserts." said Joyce, putting the cake on the dessert table.

"Can I lick the spatula?" Audrey asked eagerly. "No Audrey, your gonna have a lot of desserts tonight, I don't want you eating too much sugar." answered Joyce. "Mom, come on, pleaseeeeee?" Audrey begged. "No Audrey." Joyce repeated. "I'll never complain again..." Audrey said with a smirk. Joyce laughed. "Uh, that's a lie."

Connor came rushing into the kitchen. "Ooh nice, you guys made a cake!" he yelled, ripping the spatula out of Audrey's hand and licking it. "CONNOR NO THATS MINE!" Audrey shouted. Connor laughed and ran around the house while Audrey chased after him. "NOW YOU HAVE TO GIVE ME FROSTING MOM!" Audrey called back to Joyce.

Joyce quickly got another spatula from the cabinet, dipped it into the bowl of the remainder of icing, and handed it to Audrey. "Don't steal from your sister again Connor." Joyce said to him, ruffling his hair. Audrey giggled.

"Guys, your siblings are gonna get here in a couple of hours, and I need both of you to clean up your rooms." said Joyce, crossing her arms. Audrey and Connor both rolled their eyes. "Make sure to clean up any trash, and make your bed, and just make it look halfway decent."

"Mom...is uh...is Lucy coming to the party?" Connor muttered. "Of course she is, why wouldn't she?" Joyce asked. Audrey and Connor groaned. "Guys, she's your niece!" Joyce yelled with her hands on her hips. "Yeah, but she's so annoying!" Audrey shouted. "And she's really bossy. Last time her and Jonathon and Nancy came over, she kept bossing me around and she would say stuff like 'Did I ask?'" Connor said, imitating Jonathon and Nancy's 5 year old daughter.

"Lucy is not like that!" Joyce said. "Not to you. You're her grandmother. We're her slaves." Audrey said dramatically. "Guys, it's the fourth of July, okay? Be nice! You hardly ever see her anyway!" said Joyce. "She's kind of like Audrey as a little kid." Connor said with a laugh. "Shut up ass hole." replied Audrey as she shoved Connor. "Audrey! Language! We do not curse in this house!" said Joyce. Audrey rolled her eyes.

Hopper came running in the house from outside. "That god damn son of a bitch Greg Richards let his lazy ass dog shit in the yard again!" he yelled angrily. "JIM, LANGUAGE!" Joyce shouted. "Oh, oh sorry." Hop said stupidly. Joyce rolled her eyes and turned back to Audrey and Connor.

"Guys, can you just please be nice to Lucy? The fourth of July is very important to our family and—" Audrey cut Joyce off. "Yes mom, we know, because of that big thing at that mall, and then you thought Dad died but he was in Russia, and then you reunited and realized you were soulmates and blah blah blah." Audrey said mockingly. "That sounds like a fan fiction or something." said Connor. "Guys go clean your room!" shouted Joyce, fanning them away.

"Is everything okay?" Hopper asked. Joyce sighed. "I just want everything to be perfect." Hopper laughed. "That's what you always want. You're a perfectionist. It's fine, the house looks great, the food looks great, everything looks great Joyce. You worry too much." he said smiling. Joyce laughed and nodded. "You know me more than I know me." "Probably." he smirked. They both started laughing.