fifteen - "seattle grace" - fifteen

"First, do no harm. As doctors, we pledge to live by this oath. But harm happens and then guilt happens. And there is no oath for how to deal with that. Guilt never goes anywhere on its own, it brings its friends - doubt and insecurity. First do no harm, easier said than done. We can take all the oaths in the world, but the fact is, most of us do harm all the time. Sometimes even when we're trying to help, we do more harm than good. And then the guilt rears its ugly head. What you do with that guilt is up to you. We're left with a choice. Either let the guilt throw you back into the behavior that got you into trouble in the first place, or learn from the guilt and do your best to move on."
-Meredith Grey, S3E5, "Oh, The Guilt"

"To make it - really make it - as a surgeon, it takes major commitment. We have to be willing to pick up that scalpel and make a cut that may or may not do more damage than good. It's all about being committed, because if we're not, we have no business picking up that scalpel in the first place. There are times when even the best of us have trouble with commitment, and we may be surprised at the commitments we're willing to let slip out of our grasp. Commitments are complicated. We may surprise ourselves by the commitments we're willing to make. True commitment takes effort and sacrifice. Which is why sometimes, we have to learn the hard way to choose our commitments very carefully."
-Meredith Grey, S3E6, "Let The Angels Commit"

"As surgeons, we are trained to look for disease. Sometimes the problem is easily detected, most of the time we need to go step by step. First, probing the surface looking for any sign of trouble. A mole or a lesion or an unwelcome lump. Most of the time, we can't tell what's wrong with somebody by just looking at them. After all, they can look perfectly fine on the outside, while their insides tells a whole other story. Not all wounds are superficial. Most wounds run deeper than you can imagine. You can't see them with the naked eye. And then there are the wounds that take us by surprise. The trick with any kind of wound or disease is to dig down and find the real source of the injury - and once you've found it, try like hell to heal that sucker."
-Meredith Grey, S3E7, "Where The Boys Are"

"Many people don't know that the human eye has a blind spot in its field of vision. There is a part of the world that we are literally blind to. The problem is, sometimes our blind spots shield us from things that really shouldn't be ignored. Sometimes our blind spots keep our lives bright and shiny. When it comes to our blind spots, maybe our brains aren't compensating. Maybe they're protecting us."
-Meredith Grey, S3E8, "Staring At The Sun"

Anna's fourteen birthday came quickly and it will be spent, in bed, at the hospital today. Dr. Bailey, with the help of the interns, decorated her room. People, who Anna didn't even know, were stopping by to tell her 'happy birthday.' So far, Anna's day was okay. Her mom and dad were acting weird again... not looking at each other. And basically ignoring each other's presence in the same room. Addison told her she was going home to pick up some things for her and Derek left an hour ago.

Truth be told, Anna couldn't care less about her birthday or upcoming graduation. She just wanted to go home and sleep in her own bed.

~ GREY'S ANATOMY ~

"Derek says that neither of you brought assets into the marriage."

"I had my trust fund. And a sparkling personality and the futon couch."

"Yes, Addison had a very ugly, very heavy futon couch. Whatever happened to that couch?"

"We gave it to Mark."

"She can have him."

"I don't want him."

"That's settled. What else?"